Most points in the AFC? Third in the NFL?

The Red King

Here's a stat that blindsided me, to be honest.  With Week 3 in the books, the Buffalo Bills have scored the most points in the AFC (93), two more then the Ravens and Chiefs!  How unreal is that?  Overall, they only trail the Packers (122!) and the Seahawks (111).  Given past years this is a most welcome development, and I'm loving every minute of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Here's a stat that blindsided me, to be honest.  With Week 3 in the books, the Buffalo Bills have scored the most points in the AFC (93), two more then the Ravens and Chiefs!  How unreal is that?  Overall, they only trail the Packers (122!) and the Seahawks (111).  Given past years this is a most welcome development, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Who ARE Those Guys.... that watch ESPN?

Who are those guys???

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And it's all Allen because our RBs haven't scored a TD rushing and our rookie FG kicker socks right now.

He socks because he’s missed only 1 FG?😳 

Granted, the refs stole one from him, but his KO’s reach downtown Buffalo, hasn’t missed a PAT kicking on the highest scoring Offense in the AFC and his booming 60 yarders in training camp ‘kicked’ the quality incumbent to the curb.

But don’t let facts deter your campaign.🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Granted, the refs stole one from him, but his KO’s reach downtown Buffalo, hasn’t missed a PAT kicking on the highest scoring Offense in the AFC and his booming 60 yarders in training camp ‘kicked’ the quality incumbent to the curb.

sings "we are the champions... my friends"

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bass might end up being great.

But the FACT right now is that our kicker is 60% on Field Goals and he hasn't kicked one outside 40 yards, yet.

In NFL terms that means he's 60% on gimme kicks. 

He missed one. He "made" one he was credited for missing--we think. And another one was still pushing right.

Yes, he socks right now.

Once he splits the uprights a few times from 40+ yards, I'll feel better about him.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And it's all Allen because our RBs haven't scored a TD rushing and our rookie FG kicker socks right now.

Kicker does suck right now...

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's 3/5 and you're singing his praises 

...but he's kinda 4/5, just like Allen hasn't really thrown a pick. They will go down in the stat sheets, but they are clearly zebra error. Hate to see it with Bass mostly because it's so easy to mind-f*** young kickers and it doesn't look like he'll get many opportunities given this offense's red zone conversion percentage.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

...but he's kinda 4/5, just like Allen hasn't really thrown a pick. They will go down in the stat sheets, but they are clearly zebra error. Hate to see it with Bass mostly because it's so easy to mind-f*** young kickers and it doesn't look like he'll get many opportunities given this offense's red zone conversion percentage.

There’ll be a time soon enough.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

There’ll be a time soon enough.

True!

My only concern is he wont have had enough chances by the time we really need it. What if we need a 50 yarder in a playoff game or important late season game and he's yet to even attempt one under game conditions?

Unlikely... but unlikely happens all the time in the NFL (and 2020). I know Hausch was fading but right now we definitely have an unknown quantity at PK.

31 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Joe Ferguson is still remembering when a QB with 42% completions was borderline HOF.

I keed, Fergie is the #12

Joe F. is also the only Bills QB (besides Kelly) that ever won a playoff game. We are still waiting for almost 30 years for that to happen again.