All the Josh MVP will be over soon so enjoy it now

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Let's hope we get to find out how he handles the weather in mid-January

We already know as he did play college ball at Wyoming! Kinda known for nasty cold weather. 

Ex NY Giants QB Phill Simms stated that there are about 9 NFL QB's who can play in Buffalo in that swirling wind and it gets far worse when the cold gets here. 

A tight spiral can cut right through a strong wind. But yea, the snow and cold weather is strong reason to have a good power run game too. 

All this talk of MVP is far, far too early as there are 13 regular season games to play. We'll see how it looks at week 10 or so.

Edited by Nihilarian

13 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Once we start getting the high winds and snow he won’t be able to keep up these numbers, or keep up with QB’s that play in domes or in warmer weather. Like most years the weather in Buffalo will most likely be so bad that 200 yards passing will be a feat. 

I’m not saying he won’t be the best QB in those games but overall numbers will be what matters.

And believe me I’m a huge Josh Allen fan. Just saying until we get a new stadium the second half of the seasons will be low pass yard games. 

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

I think you are mistaking weather for the fact that bad teams often suck even more by the end of the season 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Once we start getting the high winds and snow he won’t be able to keep up these numbers, or keep up with QB’s that play in domes or in warmer weather. Like most years the weather in Buffalo will most likely be so bad that 200 yards passing will be a feat. 

I’m not saying he won’t be the best QB in those games but overall numbers will be what matters.

And believe me I’m a huge Josh Allen fan. Just saying until we get a new stadium the second half of the seasons will be low pass yard games. 

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

Top 30 Party Pooper GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It is well known that even if it’s not snowing or terrible weather the wind plays a huge factor in Buffalo home games making it much harder to be accurate. Which is why they wanted Allen in the first place.

Contrary to popular opinion from some people from outside the region, WNY doesn't turn into an Arctic wasteland come November 1.   As Stank_Nasty said, there's usually only 1 or 2 really bad weather homes games over the years, and those are mostly due to wind.  

More importantly, WNY isn't the only place that's windy (see Chicago, Green Bay, Kansas City, NE, New Jersey, Philadelphia).  Cold and snow aren't any worse than heat and rain.  Excessive bad weather can affect any team that plays games outdoors, which includes teams that play in domes.   MVPs like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson all play their home games outdoors in stadiums located where inclement weather frequently occurs during the NFL season.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

weather in Buffalo has and always will be highly overrated 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm enjoying the MVP talk and I am enjoying the 3-0 record so far. I've stayed a fan through many bad seasons and some people have been fans for a lot longer. Some fans didn't get to live long enough to enjoy what is going on now.

I think a post like this probably isn't the best to make when so many fans have been waiting a long time for a Bills QB to even be in MVP talks. 

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The game vs Arizona Cardinals in ‘90 was the worst wind game ever. Team benches were blowing onto the field as a monster winter storm blew in. Kelly shredded them. Steve Tasker caught his 1st ever TD Pass. Took 5 hours to reach Dansville that night.

I was at that game, i remember AZ punting and it got caught in the wind and ended up behind the punter. Worst weather ever, rain, sleet, hail etc all with wicked wind, totally sucked and yes the drive home was terrible especially soaked.

A few weeks later i was able to be in a suite during good weather thinking about how bad my luck was not having them reversed.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dat said:

I was at that game, i remember AZ punting and it got caught in the wind and ended up behind the punter. Worst weather ever, rain, sleet, hail etc all with wicked wind, totally sucked and yes the drive home was terrible especially soaked.

A few weeks later i was able to be in a suite during good weather thinking about how bad my luck was not having them reversed.

My son and I had to push the car up a couple of those hills on 20A. We made it though..

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"all the MVP" will be over?

Let me ask the OP....."what school you go?"

Rather presumptuous, aren’t you? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, arcane said:

I wasn't alive to watch the SB teams, but I've seen plenty of highlights of Kelly dropping dimes left and right on teams in all kinds of Buffalo weather. 

I recall one game think it was against Arizona where the wind was like 30 to 40 MPH, final score was real low, seem to recall Kenny Davis scoring the winning TD or something.

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Have you ever been to orchard Park? It's not the snow that effects quarterbacks in Buffalo. There's like two snow games a year

It's the wind. And Josh has already shown he could sling it through a windstorm

crappy weather in Green Bay hasn't stopped Aaron Rodgers from slinging it all over the yard for a decade plus

I'm "concerned" he is playing in a dome next week and might not remember how to throw without the wind.

• Haha (+1) 2

Boston is the windiest big city in the country according to several sources (some smaller towns in the Great Plains states are worse.) Sure did mess up Brady all those years didn't it? I went to almost all the home games from 07-last year - I can't really count too many with horrible conditions. The late season games, for the most part, are just cold.

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

This has to be a joke thread right ?

If only...

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

My son and I had to push the car up a couple of those hills on 20A. We made it though..

Rather presumptuous, aren’t you? 

I haven’t lived there in a long time, but my favorite aunt and uncle and cousins who were my best friend lived up the Davis hill road past the Tennis Court bubble.  Man that was fun pushing my cousins car up that abomination.  It might as well have been Mount Everest in an Ice ridden hill, with a 1975 Chevy Impala, but it was a free car for him coming back from wrestling practice at St. Francis.

Sunday, I was talking to a transplant like myself about pogieing, and he said I haven’t heard that in 25 years.  I told him it sucked when you’re snow glove gets caught in the back metal bumper.  Good times.