All the Josh MVP will be over soon so enjoy it now

11 hours ago, arcane said:

I wasn't alive to watch the SB teams, but I've seen plenty of highlights of Kelly dropping dimes left and right on teams in all kinds of Buffalo weather. 

I’ll happily start a separate thread posting those YouTube game gems anytime yinz guys want!! :thumbsup: 

Spoiler alert 🚨: usually at the expense of the ‘Fins in January. 

Josh will be plenty capable of slinging it no matter what around Buffalo. And need I point out Rodgers plays in a worse clime, as did Favre, and Kelly put up MVP type numbers in ‘90 & ‘91 too...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Once we start getting the high winds and snow he won’t be able to keep up these numbers, or keep up with QB’s that play in domes or in warmer weather. Like most years the weather in Buffalo will most likely be so bad that 200 yards passing will be a feat. 

I’m not saying he won’t be the best QB in those games but overall numbers will be what matters.

And believe me I’m a huge Josh Allen fan. Just saying until we get a new stadium the second half of the seasons will be low pass yard games. 

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

Because it’s never windy or snowy in Green Bay or Foxboro and they’ve definitely never had any MVPs.

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Once we start getting the high winds and snow he won’t be able to keep up these numbers, or keep up with QB’s that play in domes or in warmer weather. Like most years the weather in Buffalo will most likely be so bad that 200 yards passing will be a feat. 

I’m not saying he won’t be the best QB in those games but overall numbers will be what matters.

And believe me I’m a huge Josh Allen fan. Just saying until we get a new stadium the second half of the seasons will be low pass yard games. 

Not that the MVP is what matters a Super Bowl is what we want. But there so much argument in the media about MVP and I just think it’s unattainable for Josh in our facilities.

Theres maybe one snow game a year now and nobodies throwing it.  Its some weird buffalo arrogance to think our players have some magic juju that makes them snow proof.  If my daughter can put on extra layers to go to school, I doubt millionaires with crazy amenities are gunna fold cause they switched to UnderArmor cold gear 😆

2 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

It is well known that even if it’s not snowing or terrible weather the wind plays a huge factor in Buffalo home games making it much harder to be accurate. Which is why they wanted Allen in the first place.

Isn't that kinda countering your original argument?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Have you ever been to orchard Park? It's not the snow that effects quarterbacks in Buffalo. There's like two snow games a year

It's the wind. And Josh has already shown he could sling it through a windstorm

crappy weather in Green Bay hasn't stopped Aaron Rodgers from slinging it all over the yard for a decade plus

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The vast majority of the time, the MVP goes to the most impactful player on one of the best teams (i.e. 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs). If the Bills offense keeps bailing out the defense, and the Bills get a 1 or 2 seed, you bet Josh will be in the conversation. And they won't care how many yards or TDs he has.

2 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

this is a horrible narrative that bad weather comes so will game play.. it was windy Sunday and this is putting the cart before the horse cause of the unknowns..horrible post

4 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

It is well known that even if it’s not snowing or terrible weather the wind plays a huge factor in Buffalo home games making it much harder to be accurate. Which is why they wanted Allen in the first place.

Keep digging, Son. The holes’ not quite deep enough for your casket.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This thread is duuuuuuuuuumb.  -2/10

Mind-numbingly so.🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

A stat nerd or someone even minimally motivated, possessing only a perfunctory fluency in Google, could quickly settle this old myth.

What say you, oh motivated ones? Does the weather in Orchard Park REALLY limit passing stats for Buffalo QBs in the second half of seasons?

Well, we only have a half century (100 games or so) of data to consider, so the numbers are kinda skewed..🤦‍♂️ Kemp & Kelly did win League POY awards and Lamonica got a SB out of performing in it. So that’s something... Best guess with such a small sample size is that the OP is a moron, but more data is needed to render conclusively..

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Nope. This supposition that its a blizzard all the time is just plain false, and it's clear you aren't from the area (or maybe a new fan) because there is usually a single snow game- maybe 2 each year.

And we don't need a new stadium. Why? So it can be downtown, with no tailgating, nightmarish driving/parking (its already bad for Sabres games with 17k fans), and double or triple ticket prices? Sure would love to see Buffalo sell out games under those conditions.

...And as mentioned above, how about those MVPs in equally cold GB or NE?

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is the most overblown bull crap ever. There is legitimately around 2, sometimes only 1, awful weather games in OC each year. Why do people keep on about this crap? As a general rule, even in the winter, the weather is manageable most of the time.  

But you must remember Jim Kelly struggling to throw the ball in the cold vs the Raiders

• Haha (+1) 1