A Few Thoughts About the Rams Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Good point about the field.  Guys from both teams were slipping like crazy. I mentioned it to my son as we watched.  I suppose that's better than a "sticky" turf like the 49ers complained about at Met Life Stadium the week before.

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So they missed this face mask against the defender but were sure to penalize JA for a face mask later in the game.  To anyone that thinks these officials didn’t have a significant impact on the score of this game, you’re sorely mistaken! 

Edited by Weatherman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The reason it is a penalty is that it is a dangerous play.  Whether pocket or not, to carve it out makes absolutely no sense.  I too saw the facemask but no real replays.  

I read the reason its ok in the pocket is because they feel the danger of injury comes from getting horse collard while running.  In the pocket it is not dangerous because the QB isnt really running or he is just starting his run.

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

So they missed this face mask against the defender but were sure to penalize JA for a face mask later in the game.  To anyone that thinks these officials didn’t have a significant impact on the score of this game, you’re sorely mistaken! 

Not only that but they gave Josh a penalty for his choice words after they didn't call it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

They also penalized Josh for pointing out the facemask.  I'd love to know what he actually said.  Refs usually don't throw a flag like that unless its someone they don't like and are looking to throw the flag (Hughes) or it was really bad.  I see coaches yelling at refs all the time.  Players too.

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They also penalized Josh for pointing out the facemask.  I'd love to know what he actually said.  Refs usually don't throw a flag like that unless its someone they don't like and are looking to throw the flag (Hughes) or it was really bad.  I see coaches yelling at refs all the time.  Players too.

Has Brady ever gotten a penalty for his constant bickering and whining?  He’s constantly in the refs ear and I don’t recall him ever getting a penalty for it.  

21 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

"I saw where the rule states you can't horse tackle within the box, but how is that a rule?!  Horsecoller tackles became an issue due to safety after multiple injuries as a result of them.  Why is that any less dangerous against always-protected QB?  I can fully understand why Allen complained and didn't know that rule and I guess props to the ref for holding to it.  Regardless, that's a stupid rule."

Totally agree. Who ever made that carve-out rule? First I heard of that too. Dumb. 

Regarding the non horse collar tackle, why wasn't it "unnecessary roughness" ? If Brady was thrown to the ground like that......................................

20 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Pereira immediately came on and said “unlike the interception ruling I think they got this call right” he then went on to say he thinks a more accurate call would have been illegal contact. regardless it’s an automatic first down. 

Actually he said it was illegal contact that becomes pass interference once the ball is in the air, it was a correct call.

Edited by Meatloaf63