Clearly, Kroft should start at tight end now

Mister Defense

16 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Maybe this will light a fire and motivate him

Huh?  The guy was excited to come to Buffalo and then blew out both of his feet!  This has nothing to do with motivation and everything to do with getting healthy and finally having a chance to contribute.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Huh?  The guy was excited to come to Buffalo and then blew out both of his feet!  This has nothing to do with motivation and everything to do with getting healthy and finally having a chance to contribute.

I was replying to someone about Knox.  My comment was about lighting a fire under Knox.

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I was replying to someone about Knox.  My comment was about lighting a fire under Knox.

Ahh...was not clear.  By the way, I don't think Knox has a motivation problem either.

Gotta be honest. I was a bit embarrassed when they did post game interviews and were speaking with Kroft. I did not recognize who he was. I had no idea what this kid looked like. He hasn't really stood out in any way outside of the injury report since signing here. Good for him though, he played well.

18 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Just throwing it out there, TJ hockenson seems to be having a bigger impact right now compared to Ed Oliver. Noah Fant isn’t doing bad either for Denver. Adding a playmaker at TE next year would be a huge bonus. Knox has a lot of work to do  to get to a solid reliable TE.

But yet Knox stats were better last year than TJ's  With the WR core the Bills have, how many targets is the TE even going to see?  Knox or Kroft are both still strong enough that they can't just be ignored by the defense.  If I'm the GM next year I'd be drafting CB's, O line, and LB way before another TE.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I agree with you !

I have changed my opinion of him a bit since last week or so :) For the better of course.

system defines the TEs  i think sometimes.

I think we have have been pre-conditioned that are TE Corps sucks- but that area has improved drastically- elite, no- on the upswing, yes 😊

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But yet Knox stats were better last year than TJ's  With the WR core the Bills have, how many targets is the TE even going to see?  Knox or Kroft are both still strong enough that they can't just be ignored by the defense.  If I'm the GM next year I'd be drafting CB's, O line, and LB way before another TE.

Who cares? Spread the ball around. Look at KC - just rack up yards/points as a collective whole. This isn’t fantasy football lol

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

TJ didn’t play a full season due to injury. I agree on CB and LB but would go DL over OL at this point and I would certainly consider taking a playmaking TE if one is available.

16 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

No way. Knox has the potential to be a star in the league.

I love the upside that Knox offers. He has a higher ceiling, while Kroft is more “traditional” it seems. He just has to stay healthy. Knox will get his chances going forward. I am just happy to have multiple competent options. How many years/decades did we go without a really competent TE???

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Process said:

Neither is an exciting option but they will do for now. We have plenty of weapons. 

We definitely need to upgrade the position next off-season. Lot of good options in the draft, I am all for taking one early and finally having a playmaker at the position. 

After that week all i can think is we need a real investment in the big nickel player.  And we'll probably need another corner.  TEs in the draft never do much in year 1 it seems.