MNF: Chiefs at Ravens, 8:20 on ESPN

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

PFF will rank him top 5 this week

This is the content I'm here for!!

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Very deceptive...most of that yardage was in garbage time.

He was abysmal, awful , terrible. 

I always point back to Buffalo late last year and Tennessee in the playoffs. 

Both produced a blueprint on Lamar.

Stop the run.

That's it.

Without the run and play action , he is an atrocious passer. 

MNF reflections:

- Did someone tell the Ravens it was January already? That was a really poor performance. It starts with Lamar (more to come) but Marlon Humphrey apart I thought they were atrocious in the secondary. Bad game plan and please can people stop acting like Marcus Peters is a top cornerback. Come off it. He gets beat more often than eggs.

- The story of the season so far for me with the Chiefs offense is their offensive line. That unit is a lot stronger than last year. Solid vets like Osemele and Rimmers have really taken what was a weakness (their interior oline) and made it a strength.

- The key to beating Lamar as I have been saying since the middle of last season is not to stop HIM running. It is to stop THEM running. And the them is the three headed monster now of Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards. Take the conventional run game away. Let Lamar have a few runs. That isn't enough to beat you. The play action passing works off the conventional run game. You can stop it by scheme or you can stop it by scoreboard pressure. The Chiefs did the latter.

- Which brings me to I thought Greg Roman called a poor game. I am a big Roman fan but look at what the Rams did to a Bills team that was explosive on offense on Sunday. Even when they got down they stuck with the run and they dragged their way back into the game. They need the run game to set up their passing game, same as the Ravens do. Roman got away from it. That was a mistake.

- Lamar's passing was bad. He was off, even on his favourite routes in the middle of the field.... but that said.... he was victimised by some freaking awful drops too. The one question mark on that roster is offensive weaponry. I have been in the "it's good enough to get the job done" camp previously. Now I am not so sure. Not with this Quarterback at least.

- What a great hire Steve Spagnolo has been by Andy Reid. That defense has some stars - Jones, Clark, Mathieu but it has some real weak spots too. His scheming week in week out to use his stars in creating a defense to compliment the Chiefs offense is outstanding. I would go as far as to say they don't win the Superbowl if they retain Bob Sutton.

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

he leads the league in YPA entering the game. Even Polian backed off this racist take. Keep hanging on to it though, both of these QBs are gonna be around for a looooong time 

Maybe Polian was right.       Time to move Jackson to wideout/Kr.   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Maybe Polian was right.       Time to move Jackson to wideout/Kr.   

Polian wasnt way off.   If you watched Lamar at Louisville you knew he likes to throw the seams and run.  He cant throw the sideline without tons of seperation from his wideouts which is exactly why the Ravens went out and got Hollywood Brown.

The Ravens drafted an incredible athlete who can put some air under deep throws.  He really isnt a quarterback in the traditional sense, you cant tell me he is out there reading defenses.  The Ravens want to beat you in a track meet not a football game.

The problem with Polian is who he said it about.  It virtually ruined his broadcadt career.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Bills could beat both of these teams...

The defense needs to get its act together. Up 28-3 midway thru the 3rd and they allow 4 TD's on 4 straight Rams drives. Thrilled that the offense saved the day but the Bills have to do a better job of closing out games. I don't care who they are playing. They can't allow a team to get back into the game like that.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The defense needs to get its act together. Up 28-3 midway thru the 3rd and they allow 4 TD's on 4 straight Rams drives. Thrilled that the offense saved the day but the Bills have to do a better job of closing out games. I don't care who they are playing. They can't allow a team to get back into the game like that.

We'll since it only happened once I doubt it will happen again. Fluke INTs that weren't INTs changing the game.

Not worried about random things that happen once in a 10 year period. Still got the W and no other team has proven to be able to do that... We'll no team that isn't playing the Falcons

Edited by TBBills

KC is the legit top team in football. For now. They  made Lamar Jackson look average. They really did as they pleased with the Ravens' defense. In Baltimore.

At the same time, I think Pat is playing in a way that is not sustainable. He is going to get himself hurt. When that happens, their season shatters..

Note that I am not rooting for an injury. I don't do that. Karma is a B word.

The blueprint to beat Lamar is pressure him where he has to step up, make him try to read the defense quickly, and see if he can beat you with his arm. He may get a few rushing yards, but outside of that he's mainly ineffective to this point in his career when this happens. Where he kills you is on play action if the running game is working or if you lose contain and he can scramble to his right. The Chiefs were forcing him to step up last night and he couldn't get it going. When he has to come forward in the pocket his eyes tend to be on everything going on around him and not down field. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, scribo said:

KC is the legit top team in football. For now. They  made Lamar Jackson look average. They really did as they pleased with the Ravens' defense. In Baltimore.

At the same time, I think Pat is playing in a way that is not sustainable. He is going to get himself hurt. When that happens, their season shatters..

because he is.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, scribo said:

Belichick will have something dialed up for him.