MNF: Chiefs at Ravens, 8:20 on ESPN

Just now, njbuff said:

Who is going to throw to said WR? 😁

Feel free to have any opinion of Jackson that you want. Regardless, you need to give your QB some weapons on the outside. It’s all run game and inside routes from the TE’s. Would you be happy with the Ravens WR corps ? I doubt it, and I think many QB’s would struggle with that supporting cast. Roman simply had no plans of utilizing outside WR’s with Jackson, so they didn’t bother. Eventually, you need someone out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I think what you are talking about is actually a counter-history as it involves a non-historical narrative, the sort of thing game theory and possible worlds contemplate. Historical revisionism takes an actual event but then alters the perceived narrative by allocating motives, effects, and judgment differently. It's like turning Christopher Columbus into a villain once one has adopted a quasi-Marxist, anti-patriarchal prism as what will define what is significant. Mahomes as a Bills qb is squarely in the counter-history realm and no one knows, but I seriously doubt he would have had the same level of quick success for reasons you outlined.

&@$* is getting real in this discussion thread! I drop in to see info about the game and get a deep dive into historiography. Ya never know what you’ll find! ;) 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I think what you are talking about is actually a counter-history as it involves a non-historical narrative, the sort of thing game theory and possible worlds contemplate. Historical revisionism takes an actual event but then alters the perceived narrative by allocating motives, effects, and judgment differently. It's like turning Christopher Columbus into a villain once one has adopted a quasi-Marxist, anti-patriarchal prism as what will define what is significant. Mahomes as a Bills qb is squarely in the counter-history realm and no one knows, but I seriously doubt he would have had the same level of quick success for reasons you outlined.

Thanks I didn’t feel like explaining it. 

I disagree about Mahomes though. Tyrod was terrible in 2017 and got pulled for peterman yet still made the playoffs. Mahomes would have been better at the very least and maybe we beat the Jags who ended up almost making the super bowl.