Game Winning Drive Defensive PI

Protocal69

If Robert Woods were posting here, we could maybe argue the point with him, but really, what is the point of that.  There have been more than a few times that the Rams have gotten calls they shouldn't have or calls were not made against than that should have been made.

Edited by TigerJ

Not to start a new to have it merged

Josh Allen is bracing for a fine letter (or two)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/29/josh-allen-is-bracing-for-a-fine-letter-or-two/?partner=Yahoo

hey Josh.  When you reply be sure to include pictures of the INT that wasn’t and the Facemask Donald had on you.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

19 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This is kind of an important distinction:

It's not a controversy because it's a bad call. It's a controversy because it happened on the last play.

As opposed to a situation like the Rams vs Saints championship game. That was a controversy because it was a horrible call (non-call). 

One's worth complaining about and the other is not.

To me, it's most important for the refs to call a consistent game. Like, if you're not going to call holding, fine. Just don't decide to call it all-of-a-sudden on the last drive. 

Don't change the way you officiate simply because it's the last play. 

That's the BS that irks me.

That has irked me in the past too.  But the reality of the situation is that the almighty dollar is always going to be the first priority with businesses as big as the NFL.  The league doesn’t want the refs to look like they determine the outcome of games because that’s bad for business - and the refs know that.  That’s why whistles get swallowed at the end of most games, and the bigger the game the more that holds true.  I’ve just accepted that.  My issues are more with teams that I believe get favored treatment for one reason or another, but that’s a rabbit hole I don’t want to go down now.