Talks underway to allow fans in Bills Stadium

Bangarang

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no reason we can't be at least 25% capacity like the Cowboys in an open air stadium.  Having said that, I think having no fans at the home games prevents Allen from getting too amped up.

I would wait to see how that worked out for the Cowboys, seems like it might have caused an outbreak but overall I do agree start with 15% and then try and get to 25%

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think having no fans at the home games prevents Allen from getting too amped up.

Yeah, I've been meaning to start a thread about that the last couple weeks.

I think the lack of crowd noise and distractions has helped keep him calmer and been really beneficial to his development this year.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no reason we can't be at least 25% capacity like the Cowboys in an open air stadium.  Having said that, I think having no fans at the home games prevents Allen from getting too amped up.

It's more complicated than just capacity (or should be). Entrances, size of byways, bathrooms, etc. IMO, start very slowly with minimal people. Don't screw it up!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I think the lack of crowd noise and distractions has helped keep him calmer and been really beneficial to his development this year.

Had this discussion yesterday during the game.

Now on the flip side, do you think it’s negatively affecting the defense?

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Now on the flip side, do you think it’s negatively affecting the defense?

I don't.

I think crowd noise as a motivational factor is wildly overrated.

But as a distraction for QB's who are trying to think clearly, it can be really detrimental.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I would go at 10% but not at 25%.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed. 

Allen has always been a road warrior. He actually seems to feel more pressure playing at home.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Etu Brute? Seems everybody has come up with an angle to analyze Josh this season.

it COULD be he’s working very hard to perfect his game.. naaaaah... That doesn’t happen.🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I don't.

I think crowd noise as a motivational factor is wildly overrated.

But as a distraction for QB's who are trying to think clearly, it can be really detrimental.

So it's been a while, but time was, Bills Stadium was pretty quiet when we had the ball and pretty raucous for the other team.

Josh seemed to be a "road warrior" last year, playing well in stadia where the crowd was noisy when we had the ball, but not so well at home when it would be quiet(er) for him and raucous for the opposing QB. 

What do you think was responsible for that?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So it's been a while, but time was, Bills Stadium was pretty quiet when we had the ball and pretty raucous for the other team.

Josh seemed to be a "road warrior" last year, playing well in stadia where the crowd was noisy when we had the ball, but not so well at home when it would be quiet(er) for him and raucous for the opposing QB. 

What do you think was responsible for that?

My guess; Brittney. Weak legs...

9A685539-30AB-40DB-BF48-75F7189ED6A2.jpeg

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

It's more complicated than just capacity (or should be). Entrances, size of byways, bathrooms, etc. IMO, start very slowly with minimal people. Don't screw it up!

Trying to calculate if pissing in sinks is good or bad for covid spread prevention. .

• Haha (+1) 3