Talks underway to allow fans in Bills Stadium

Bangarang

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

It's more complicated than just capacity (or should be). Entrances, size of byways, bathrooms, etc. IMO, start very slowly with minimal people. Don't screw it up!

Is that really any more dangerous than going into a store and buying a food? I would say at an outdoor stadium with proper social distancing that people can remove their masks when they are at their seats. But if they get up and go to the bathroom or buy food/beer then they should be required to wear a mask. You are probably talking about 10,000 people in a 72,000 seat stadium so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

think of all that splashing.

The concentration of alcohol in a typical fans urine will likely have a pronounced disinfecting effect

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Dang, that took a while

I dont think the Rams complete their comeback with fans in the stand

It would have been fun to see 72,000 in the stands. Everybody would have been going nuts for the first 2 and half quarters. Then major booing would have occurred. Then the place would have gone absolutely bonkers on that final drive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Is that really any more dangerous than going into a store and buying a food? I would say at an outdoor stadium with proper social distancing that people can remove their masks when they are at their seats. But if they get up and go to the bathroom or buy food/beer then they should be required to wear a mask. You are probably talking about 10,000 people in a 72,000 seat stadium so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, I think 10K is probably a good start. 25K? Probably not. Yet. IMO of course, and I haven't seen any study on which to base my opinion.

My point is, just because one stadium has X capacity and they allow X number/percentage of people in, you can't simply say "The Bills should let the same number in, based only on capacity." It's more complicated than that. Somewhere between 9-12K, or thereabouts, just seems like a good place to start. Again, without having real data to look at.

And, if I'm not mistaken, the fans are required to ALWAYS wear a mask, unless actively eating/drinking.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope they allow fans I have been a STH since 2008 and there are lots of fans who have been around since Rich Stadium was built.

I opted out for this year with the uncertainty of the border re opening and I made the right call.

But the real die hard 7000 or so that they are proposing deserve this.

I like how they will go by seniority Go Bills :)

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yes, I think 10K is probably a good start. 25K? Probably not. Yet. IMO of course, and I haven't seen any study on which to base my opinion.

My point is, just because one stadium has X capacity and they allow X number/percentage of people in, you can't simply say "The Bills should let the same number in, based only on capacity." It's more complicated than that. Somewhere between 9-12K, or thereabouts, just seems like a good place to start. Again, without having real data to look at.

And, if I'm not mistaken, the fans are required to ALWAYS wear a mask, unless actively eating/drinking.

Most of the fans I have seen over the years will be keeping that mask in their pocket or around their neck ;)

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Most of the fans I have seen over the years will be keeping that mask in their pocket or around their neck ;)

Unfortunately you are probably right. And that might be one of the factors that delays return of fans to the stadiums in some locales. 

17 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

No fans at all >>> limited fans.

Limited fans makes it feel like a pre-season game. 

Except that our 7000 fans will be the most die hard loyal fans in all of Bills Mafia :)

It brings new meaning to Super 7......Thousand ;)

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Unfortunately you are probably right. And that might be one of the factors that delays return of fans to the stadiums in some locales. 

It was more of a joke...they love their beer ;)

17 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

now I just have to figure out how to sneak into the US 😘...anyone ever gone UP the falls in a barrel?

You can fly in and out.

You will just need to self quarantine for 14 days upon your return to Canuckistan ;)

Your boss will not be impressed........if your still working ;)

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So it's been a while, but time was, Bills Stadium was pretty quiet when we had the ball and pretty raucous for the other team.

Josh seemed to be a "road warrior" last year, playing well in stadia where the crowd was noisy when we had the ball, but not so well at home when it would be quiet(er) for him and raucous for the opposing QB. 

What do you think was responsible for that?

I don't recall being tuned in enough to pick up on that kind of pattern last year. It just struck me as intuitive that a young QB would benefit from processing complicated information in a somewhat quieter environment.

If he was better on the road last year, I don't know what would explain that. Maybe pushing too hard and trying to do too much in front of the home crowd?

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Etu Brute? Seems everybody has come up with an angle to analyze Josh this season.

it COULD be he’s working very hard to perfect his game.. naaaaah... That doesn’t happen.🤦‍♂️

That makes so much sense in response to my suggestion that I will go ahead and give it the response it deserves:

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't recall being tuned in enough to pick up on that kind of pattern last year. It just struck me as intuitive that a young QB would benefit from processing complicated information in a somewhat quieter environment.

If he was better on the road last year, I don't know what would explain that. Maybe pushing too hard and trying to do too much in front of the home crowd?

That makes so much sense in response to my suggestion that I will go ahead and give it the response it deserves:

I've been bringing up Josh's "over hyped" comments for a year or more.

I think your bolded is what is happening.  He seems so much more calm this season without the fans.

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

The concentration of alcohol in a typical fans urine will likely have a pronounced disinfecting effect

Unlikely to exceed 70% alcohol, even for the most fervent beer bong aficionado

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I've been bringing up Josh's "over hyped" comments for a year or more.

I think your bolded is what is happening.  He seems so much more calm this season without the fans.

I think he's more calm this season because he's put in the reps to have confidence he can hit all those throws and put the ball exactly where he wants it when he wants it there, rather than hoping and praying it will go.

It's much easier to be calm walking on stage when you know you can do something flawlessly (barring a fluke or outside influence) and repeatedly and that the receivers will hold up their end.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think he's more calm this season because he's put in the reps to have confidence he can hit all those throws and put the ball exactly where he wants it when he wants it there, rather than hoping and praying it will go.

It's much easier to be calm walking on stage when you know you can do something flawlessly (barring a fluke or outside influence) and repeatedly and that the receivers will hold up their end.

I'm sure that is part of it but he is an "Excitable Boy".

I’m not concerned we will finish the season, but there will be hiccups like the Titans reporters stated this morning their facilities will be closed until Saturday as a couple of players and staff tested confirmed positive.  The Vikings had the same, but as of this morning The league hasn’t made a statement.  You wonder if they will postpone these games, or have to take as losses.