Talks underway to allow fans in Bills Stadium

Bangarang

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no reason we can't be at least 25% capacity like the Cowboys in an open air stadium.  Having said that, I think having no fans at the home games prevents Allen from getting too amped up.

I honestly think it is just in his DNA.  

Having played sports even at a lower level with crowds.  

The crowd noise was never something the mind focused on or caused me to get more amped then I already was.  That was an internal thing. 

Look at the Rams game, you can tell in the 4th quarter he was completely amped up.  No crowd was needed, just the situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’ll admit, that thought crossed my mind yesterday. Wonder if we still win that game with a full house at the Ralph.

I doubt the Rams put up 29 in the 2nd half with a packed house so those two factors may have cancelled themselves out.

• Like (+1) 4

Man I REALLY, REALLY hope he allows this!!  That would be awesome to have fans in the stands for that Thursday night game!!  And if both teams are still undefeated, ooh wee!!  Sad thing is, it hasn't been approved yet, and I have no clue as to which direction the governor is gonna go, but I already want us to request a higher number.  7,000 seems like such a low number.  Didn't the Dolphins allow like 13,000 or so?   

Man I'm greedy....

33 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Man I REALLY, REALLY hope he allows this!!  That would be awesome to have fans in the stands for that Thursday night game!!  And if both teams are still undefeated, ooh wee!!  Sad thing is, it hasn't been approved yet, and I have no clue as to which direction the governor is gonna go, but I already want us to request a higher number.  7,000 seems like such a low number.  Didn't the Dolphins allow like 13,000 or so?   

Man I'm greedy....

I’m kind of with you. You never start the negotiations at what you want. Start high, the state starts low, you meet in the middle. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
General covid-19 discussion, politics
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m kind of with you. You never start the negotiations at what you want. Start high, the state starts low, you meet in the middle. 

Then let's start at 146,000 fans.  Two per seat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

YES!!!!  Now we're stuck....

But shoot, 7,000 fans is better than zero I guess...😐

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Wondering:  1)Has Buffalo officially submitted the request to the governor's office?  2)when we can expect a decision?  I'm thinking that even though the game is 17 days away we would need to get approval fairly quickly considering all of the planning and work that would need to be done to make this happen.

LET'S DO THIS!!!  

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

funny, we think alot alike..in more than sports too. But this was exactly my thought yesterday, he gets so keyed up in front of Bills Mafia and wants to be superman everyplay!

I hope you’re in training! I hear they are going to have tryouts to find the LOUDEST 7-9,000 season ticket holders. I know you’ll want to be there for both the game, and all those pristine crappers! You could have one all to yourself! What a glorious day! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

No fans at all >>> limited fans.

Limited fans makes it feel like a pre-season game. 

You’re definitely in the minority, but I agree. I have no desire to attend a half baked version of what going to a football game should be. I just can’t be excited because I’m watching on TV anyway, and 7K fans on television means nothing to me. Once things return to normal, I’ll be ready to attend a football game. I really don’t even see the point of going through so much work just to allow a few thousand fans. Going to a football game isn’t that important to me right now, I’m content watching on television.

I also think fans overrate how much players actually care about their presence. That is another story in and of itself. Players love the adulation because they’re human, but I don’t think players are losing sleep looking at empty stands with millions watching on television, and they still get paid. I’m not denying the energy the Bills Mafia provides for home games, but the emotional aspect of fanhood being important is more of a fan thing than a players thing. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2