Talks underway to allow fans in Bills Stadium

Bangarang

LFG!!

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz says he has a call with key stakeholders tomorrow to discuss allowing fans in the stands for the next Bills home game. 

According to Poloncarz, the Bills organization is looking for permission from New York State to allow 9,000 fans to attend the Thursday night game October 15 against the Kansas City Chiefs. The county executive says he believes 7,000 fans, or about 10 percent the capacity of Bills Stadium, would be feasible if there are timed entries and exits. Longtime season ticket holders would likely get prioritization, he said.

The negotiation process is continuing, he said. Right now, the state restricts fans from attending any professional sporting events due to COVID-19. That mandate was put in place at the height of the pandemic in New York. 

The state's overall positivity rate has been flat since mid-June. The number of people testing positive for the virus in Western New York region was 0.7 percent on Sunday. 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/poloncarz-talks-underway-to-allow-bills-fans-to-attend-next-home-game-in-october?fbclid=IwAR0GIiGq_iltHJO-5YD6si_AWKAnL3KNQ_XlqWDAbS8gnWhINQCi28WR3u4

Edited by Chandler#81
Edited title for clarity
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no reason we can't be at least 25% capacity like the Cowboys in an open air stadium.  Having said that, I think having no fans at the home games prevents Allen from getting too amped up.

funny, we think alot alike..in more than sports too. But this was exactly my thought yesterday, he gets so keyed up in front of Bills Mafia and wants to be superman everyplay!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If us and the Chiefs are both undefeated when we play....the nose bleed seats are going to cost more than a trip to the strip club.

well, seeing as how I am good Catholic boy and never been to a strip club..i hope so! Free!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no reason we can't be at least 25% capacity like the Cowboys in an open air stadium.  Having said that, I think having no fans at the home games prevents Allen from getting too amped up.

Long term solution - fans in stands on defense. Force them to stand in the concourse otherwise 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I’ll admit, that thought crossed my mind yesterday. Wonder if we still win that game with a full house at the Ralph.

• Like (+1) 1