The Patriots are running with authority, Bills D is in trouble.

DCofNC

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Are you joking?

No.

Passing

The Rams defense has faced the #1 Ranked passing team (Cowboys) the #2 ranked passing offense (Buffalo) and the 22nd ranked passing offense (Philly).

The Patriots defense has faced the #26 ranked passing team (Miami) the #4 ranked passing offense (Seattle) and the 18th ranked passing offense (Raiders).

Rushing

The Rams defense has faced the 20th ranked rushing team (Cowboys) the 15th ranked (Eagles) and the 23rd ranked (Bills).

The Pats have faced the 19th ranked rushing team (Miami) the 14th ranked (Seattle) and the 12th ranked (Raiders).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

No.

Passing

The Rams defense has faced the #1 Ranked passing team (Cowboys) the #2 ranked passing offense (Buffalo) and the 22nd ranked passing offense (Philly).

The Patriots defense has faced the #26 ranked passing team (Miami) the #4 ranked passing offense (Seattle) and the 18th ranked passing offense (Raiders).

Rushing

The Rams defense has faced the 20th ranked rushing team (Cowboys) the 15th ranked (Eagles) and the 23rd ranked (Bills).

The Pats have faced the 19th ranked rushing team (Miami) the 14th ranked (Seattle) and the 12th ranked (Raiders).

I don't care who they "faced".  There have only been three games and I could easily argue that the units the Rams have faced are highly ranked in large part because they got to play against the Rams defense.  Outside of Ramsey, their DBs are bums and outside of Aaron Donald, their front 7 is a bunch of replacement level players.  The Pats have completely shut down two pretty good offenses and they have the best defensive backfield in the league.  It's a pretty safe bet that they will be ranked in the top five again this year.

Edited by mannc

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't care who they "faced".  There have only been three games and I could easily argue that the units the Rams have faced are highly ranked in large part because they got to play against the Rams defense.  Outside of Ramsey, their DBs are bums and outside of Aaron Donald, their front 7 is a bunch of replacement level players.  The Pats have completely shut down two pretty good offenses and they have the best defensive backfield in the league.  It's a pretty safe bet that they will be ranked in the top five again this year.

That might be believable if it wasn't for the fact that the Cowboys only put up 17 points with Dak throwing for a season low 266 yards and Elliot didn't break 100 on the ground...or the Eagles, Wentz, putting up similar numbers with multiple INTs and Sanders being held for under 100 as well.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Is it?

The rams have the best DT and one of the best corners in the league.....Brocker's isnt exactly chopped liver either

Outside of those three guys (two guys, really) their defense is a bunch of JAGs.  They are as mediocre as it gets.  

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

That might be believable if it wasn't for the fact that the Cowboys only put up 17 points with Dak throwing for a season low 266 yards and Elliot didn't break 100 on the ground...or the Eagles, Wentz, putting up similar numbers with multiple INTs and Sanders being held for under 100 as well.

That was a good performance vs Dallas, but the Eagles are a mess.

I agree in theory about NE this year. I believe they will try and run the ball hard against us and it will make for some tough football. And downplaying it is kind of silly at this point. We definitely play them twice, and could see them a 3rd time on wildcard weekend. 

But I think the silver lining is that McD knows Cam as well as anyone does, and he HAS to have some inside knowledge on how to get him off his game. I've watched enough Carolina games to know that when Cam is sulking on the sidelines with the towel on his head, he isnt the same player as we have seen so far in these 3 'honeymoon games' this year. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Hopefully, this was a one week issue, but the Rams destroyed the D in the second half, the blueprint is there.  I fear the Pats will steamroll the Bills again, just in a different form.  The good news is the Offense has scored, but Billicheat seems to have another good D this year too.  I’m definitely not crowing the Bills as division champs yet.

don't we play the Raiders this week? No one can be division champs after 3 weeks

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Some people.

I mean, it seems like a reasonable concern. I was thinking about it as well. We struggled against the Patriots' running game in that last game last year, and if we struggle again this year, they could control the ball and keep our offense off the field. Seems like a good game plan against us.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

It’s also fair to say that the Pats’ defense is better than the Rams’ defense...so there’s that...

What are you smoking?

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey do not play for the Pats. Neither do Dont'a Hightower and Patrick Chung this year. So, I do not agree with you at all.

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Sometimes I have to wonder what goes through some of you guys heads when you start these threads 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 
We play Vegas this week. By the time we play the Pats cam might be on IR. 

November.  

a very long time from now.  And yes.  who knows what will be by then.  

11 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I mean the OP is not exactly wrong and if you think the D just had a bad day you'd be sadly mistaken. This has become all too common since Houston last year. The D has needed the the O to bail them out this season. That is not sustainable.

On the other hand, this was the first game where the D allowed 100 yards rushing this season, so they haven't exactly been steamrolled. I don't think that really applies to the Jets game at all. If anything, the D starts strong and then lapses. I'd say it's a concern, but to argue like change is impossible is short-sighted at best. Just look at 2018 when the defense was by FAR the worst in the league for the first six quarters and then something clicked (and it was not ALL the subtraction of Vontae Davis, although that made it kinda funny) and they were the best D for the rest of the year. 

Also, two key factors are that likely due to the unusual preseason, the Bills are not alone in defensive struggles -- defenses around the league are off to a sluggish start. McDermott/Frazier have shown they are good at righting the ship. Second, Edmunds and Milano have been the heart of the defense and were gone in game 2 and while Milano looked at full strength, Edmunds likely was not yet there. We're 3-0. Let's see what the D does against Vegas (that feels so weird to say) and Tennessee. I suspect we'll see a step up from the Rams game.

• Like (+1) 2