The Patriots are running with authority, Bills D is in trouble.

DCofNC

Its all about Milano and Tremaine.   The middle of the field has been open for passing and running the past few games, both of those guys were either out or not 100%. 

Tremaine and Tre D both amazing players but did not have their best games yesterday.  We looked slow and reactive on defense for a lot of that game.

I agree if you can't stop the run (this week) or the pass (past two weeks) you had better be scoring a lot of points. 

Luckily we seem to be able to do that.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Hopefully, this was a one week issue, but the Rams destroyed the D in the second half, the blueprint is there.  I fear the Pats will steamroll the Bills again, just in a different form.  The good news is the Offense has scored, but Billicheat seems to have another good D this year too.  I’m definitely not crowing the Bills as division champs yet.

New England has gone nowhere, despite the group think here during the off-season.

I will consider it a real achievement if McD can beat BB in either of the  2 games this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am not saying the Pats are bad and I am not guarantying a win in this game, and I am not saying the Pats won't be able to run against us.

I AM saying, though, that I am more worried about being carried away by army ants right now than I am about the Pats running game success.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Hopefully, this was a one week issue, but the Rams destroyed the D in the second half, the blueprint is there.  I fear the Pats will steamroll the Bills again, just in a different form.  The good news is the Offense has scored, but Billicheat seems to have another good D this year too.  I’m definitely not crowing the Bills as division champs yet.

Carlin was the bomb - Imgflip

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

It’s also fair to say that the Pats’ defense is better than the Rams’ defense...so there’s that...

On the back end only. You can cover just so many for just so long.

Cam will need to beat us with his arm.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

The Pats will fight for the division.....this is not the AFC South....the Bills have to take it from New England. BB wins with gameplans, matchups and with players that play hard pretty much all the time.  

Personally, I hate playing teams that play hard pretty much all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully McD can adjust the scheme. Last year mid season the rush defense was horrid they turned it around against Zeke and the boys and never looked back. They did it with no major additions and no major returns from injury (Milano had been back for weeks) it was all scheme adjustments and the players on the roster playing better. 

Hopefully that can be the case again. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

It’s also fair to say that the Pats’ defense is better than the Rams’ defense...so there’s that...

Based on? They have similar stats defensively and according to Football Outsiders DVOA Rams are the 14th ranked defense while the Pats are 19th. 

Do you have any objective measure that support this theory? I was unable to find one. 

Looking forward to you showing me the source of this feeling. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

The difference is Kupp/Woods/Higbee/reynolds vs. Harry/Edelman/Izzo.  They also run more shotgun, and less no huddle.  Shotgun/pistol gives you those front pitches that we occaisionally utilize to mckenzie, but play action out of shotgun is far less effective at creating space.  

35 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

On the back end only. You can cover just so many for just so long.

Cam will need to beat us with his arm.

Personally, I hate playing teams that play hard pretty much all the time.

Like I said it's a long way off but I believe Cam will have to beat the Bills with his arm too.

I don't think he can do it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Based on? They have similar stats defensively and according to Football Outsiders DVOA Rams are the 14th ranked defense while the Pats are 19th. 

Do you have any objective measure that support this theory? I was unable to find one. 

Looking forward to you showing me the source of this feeling. 

How about the fact that they’ve been one of the top defenses in football the last three years, that they’ve shut down two of their three opponents this year, they have the best defensive backfield in football, and the best defensive coordinator of all time?  I’ll put that up against football outsiders all day long.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

How about the fact that they’ve been one of the top defenses in football the last three years, that they’ve shut down two of their three opponents this year, they have the best defensive backfield in football, and the best defensive coordinator of all time?  I’ll put that up against football outsiders all day long.

This year the Pats* D is good (middle third of the league) and have given up as many yards as the NY Giants.

One thing the Pats* are leading in is turnovers.  They have the most at 7 so far.

Let's wait to see how the Chiefs attack them.

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Bills are passing with authority.... Pats D is in trouble.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

It's not just football outsiders that says their defense is:

A: Bottom half of the league

B: Has roughly the same stats as the Rams defense

I understand being emotional, but please provide links or sources. Otherwise, this if just you emotionally flailing around and none of care about you so we don't want to deal with that.

Again, looking forward to you having some sort of facts, figures...seriously...just 1 single objective measure. Just 1. Please don't be that guy that just shouts out random stuff because he feels bad. 

Edited by jeremy2020

17 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's not just football outsiders that says their defense is:

A: Bottom half of the league

B: Has roughly the same stats as the Rams defense

I understand being emotional, but please provide links or sources. Otherwise, this if just you emotionally flailing around and none of care about you so we don't want to deal with that.

Again, looking forward to you having some sort of facts, figures...seriously...just 1 single objective measure. Just 1. Please don't be that guy that just shouts out random stuff because he feels bad. 

Stop, dude.  Those stats are a joke three games into the season. The Raiders and Dolphins both put up garbage time yards on them.  The Rams defense doesn’t suck, but it’s certainly not top 5 or 6 in the league, which is what the Pats most likely are.

34 minutes ago, mannc said:

Stop, dude.  Those stats are a joke three games into the season. The Raiders and Dolphins both put up garbage time yards on them.  The Rams defense doesn’t suck, but it’s certainly not top 5 or 6 in the league, which is what the Pats most likely are.

In another thread, despite McDermott's history with having a top defense...you sounded the alarm.

Explain why you offer a conflicting point of view.