The Defense What Is Going On & One Quick Allen Note

corta765

It was a rough second half of football after we made some nice plays to end drives in the first half. 

Edmunds was bad but I thought our DL got worked. We have to be able to put pressure on the QB. Maybe not every down but on important ones. Good DL occasionally tackle RBs too. We have talent there so I'm not super worried but it was tough to watch.

I still think McD will trade for CB help if it looks like we're a second round playoff team. We're on schedule thanks to a little help from the refs.

I'll say this... The teams 3-0 despite losing the turnover battle so far this year.  They have not recovered any fumbles on offense - defense has recovered all 4.  On defense buffalo has the 2 picks (milano and wallace), and the poyer forced fumble (i'm not counting the lateral).  So 3-0, and -2 TO diff.

7 minutes ago, VW82 said:

It was a rough second half of football after we made some nice plays to end drives in the first half. 

Edmunds was bad but I thought our DL got worked. We have to be able to put pressure on the QB. Maybe not every down but on important ones. Good DL occasionally tackle RBs too. We have talent there so I'm not super worried but it was tough to watch.

I still think McD will trade for CB help if it looks like we're a second round playoff team. We're on schedule thanks to a little help from the refs.

He missed a couple tackles, but the defensive line was getting bullied.  The holes were massive and thats usually indicative of a tired group.  

58 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Are we missing Star, Jordan and Shaq that much?

Cant do nothing about Star and Lorax obviously. 

Star yes given his space on gaps. In general I just think its more familiarity as a unit and geling. The team did say the Rams pace got to them which is part of the Rams scheme success.

We really didn't do enough to address the CB position or improve the pass rush which is still a problem. On top of that, I suspect that offenses are finding it easier to predict Frazier's play calling and take advantage of it. I have no proof of this, but once again, I refer to that game against the Chargers 2 years ago when McDermott took over the play calling at halftime and the difference was like night and day. Remember?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

FATIGUE!

At least I'm hoping this is the case. No pre-season and who knows how much guys could do on the off-season.  Hopefully they get their legs back in a couple more weeks But, I thought the defense looked like last year for the first 2.5 quarters. I predicted/called the Rams interception before it happened based on how difficult the Bills were making in on the Rams to even gain 3-4 yards early on.  Regardless, run-D seems to be the weak point of our team... however so long as they can be serviceable then our coaching, blitz schemes, and secondary can cause some legit problems for other teams, especially with our offense keeping the pedal down.

AGREE!

I just re-watched the game (still hard to watch due to the fantom interception) and half way through the 3rd quarter, our D was gassed!  Even the announcers (ugh) mentioned it the cameras showed them sweating like mad, hands on hips.

I don't think it would have been as bad if the Rams did not get an infusion of Adrenalin courtesy of the Officials.

Thank you Josh Allen with a "fire in your heart and ice in your veins"!   

• Like (+1) 1

Pace of play wore them down, but also need to give some credit to Goff and his receivers.

When fatigue makes you a step slow and you run into a very accurate passer with solid receivers, you will just miss defending a pass that you may ordinarily knock down.

2 weeks in a row we’ve run into accurate, quick guns.

As for run d, yeah, we may have a problem.  

Does Harrison have anything left?

• Like (+1) 1