Any news on Fans at remaining games?

SNICE

Now that we are past the first two home games, which the team said would have no fans, has anyone heard about the rest of the season? Next home game is Thurs night vs Chiefs, would be nice if we had fans and an opportunity to be there.

At this point the NFL should have enough statistics from the games that have had fans. They can also learn about the how to get fans in and out with as much social distancing as possible.

I’m still holding out hope to get to a couple of games this year.

I would love to fly in for the KC game. I'll be in Vegas this weekend even though no fans at the game, I'm still gonna drive up from Phoenix. 

I was hoping to go to San Fran & AZ as well, but with no fans in Cali I'll skip the 49ers game.

Unless there is some serious backtracking I don't think NY will be allowing any fans.  So that leaves only the away games as potential fan sites.  At present you can count out NV, so that's a no for this week.  The Jets and Patriots would be no go, and no go to CA (San Fran) and CO (Denver).

Leaves only TN and AZ as possibilities.

In one way it's kind of sad not to see this exciting team in person.  But on the other hand at least they're not getting screwed too much in terms of the home field advantage discrepancy.

The Miami game was fun (except for the bogus lightning delay-which seemed unneeded).  With FL opening up even more, maybe NY  can revisit their policy before the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Unless there is some serious backtracking I don't think NY will be allowing any fans.  So that leaves only the away games as potential fan sites.  At present you can count out NV, so that's a no for this week.  The Jets and Patriots would be no go, and no go to CA (San Fran) and CO (Denver).

Leaves only TN and AZ as possibilities.

In one way it's kind of sad not to see this exciting team in person.  But on the other hand at least they're not getting screwed too much in terms of the home field advantage discrepancy.

The Miami game was fun (except for the bogus lightning delay-which seemed unneeded).  With FL opening up even more, maybe NY  can revisit their policy before the playoffs.

the Broncos are allowing fans, but only about 6,00 per game so far. The plan was to increase that if the first couple games went well logistics-wise, and it appears that yesterday did. It won't be easy to get a ticket (although Vic Fangio and a rash of Broncs injuries are making it easier by the week), but I'm hoping to go to that one.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

We have two pieces of information to go on.

One: The recent report that the Bills were talking with the Dolphins about their gameday process for admitting fans.

Two: John Wawrow of the Associated Press stated that prior to the start of yesterday's game, there were instructions on the video boards explaining to fans how to safely get into and out of the stadium in a distanced way. A trial run, I'd guess.

These two pieces of information combined lead me to believe that -- barring a massive spike in numbers in New York State -- there will be fans allowed back at the stadium at some point this season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

As long as everyone keeps doing what they are doing and staying smart and safe, it shouldnt be too much of a stretch to assume we'll see fans at games before the end of the season.

I had heard rumors about the Chiefs game, but not sure that is the right time to test it. Which means we would have to wait until the Patriots game, and that could certainly be interesting.

The State left it open to revisit the policy. NY is on the right track, numbers-wise. Keep up the good work up there and hopefully we'll have fans back at the Ralph soon.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

We have two pieces of information to go on.

One: The recent report that the Bills were talking with the Dolphins about their gameday process for admitting fans.

Two: John Wawrow of the Associated Press stated that prior to the start of yesterday's game, there were instructions on the video boards explaining to fans how to safely get into and out of the stadium in a distanced way. A trial run, I'd guess.

These two pieces of information combined lead me to believe that -- barring a massive spike in numbers in New York State -- there will be fans allowed back at the stadium at some point this season.

I think it's entirely possible it will happen.  I think the key is (assuming fans are willing to go along) is to separate fans into different areas and entry times, so that we're looking at (say) 200 collections of 50 people sharing exposure instead of a possible mass infection of 10,000 people.  (I think this is what My Yami tried to do). 

The other key is (sorry Simon, but it's relevant to the point of whether it will be considered safe to allow fans) either containing the current outbreak areas in NYS OR bringing in enough rapid antigen tests to rapid-test fans on entry (won't catch every infection but will cut it down).  People like to be all politics blah blah but it's public health risk assessment of an outbreak, given the infection rate in an area and the group size.

I believe that NYS is on track to get the "ducks in a row" and work it out.  At least I hope so.  Not sure the ducks will line up to happen by the KC game on 10/15 though.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The other key is (sorry Simon, but it's relevant to the point of whether it will be considered safe to allow fans) containing the current outbreak areas in NYS - or maybe limiting fans to those from non-outbreak areas, if that could be done? (Unclear on logistics here since tickets can be re-sold) OR bringing in enough rapid antigen tests to rapid-test fans on entry.

Your call, your thread.

Kathy Hochul, in the BuffNews today;

"Talks are going on – we know there's a timetable," she said. "And if there's a decision, I would expect it's going to be soon. But also, we're still monitoring the numbers and listening to the experts."

"I just don't have an answer today on whether any plans will be implemented or whether we'll all be sitting on our couches with a bucket of wings watching the Bills at home, which is really the safest place to do it," Hochul said.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

All I know is they better allow the fans in by order of seniority on season ticket holders.

It will be just the opposite.  They have STH right where they want them. On the other hand, they want to grow the fan base, so they will give first priority to fans who have never been to a home game. 

Russ would be proud...marketing genius!

• Sad 1

There seems to be a lot of smoke to the fire. Even Jeremy White I believe tweeted something today about hearing how the Bills are putting together a protocol to give to the state. It sounds like they have some kind of plan ready and are going to need the Governor's stamp of approval. I think Erie County has been below 1% infection rate the last 3 days too.

This just came across my fb feed:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/poloncarz-county-would-be-in-favor-of-allowing-about-7000-fans-at-october-15-bills-game-if-there-is-timed-exit-entry/?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR11QqiXtuhcsFcqcOfHEZLhhdZAbUZL675CiLnqHWnx16X2iUQraQekU00

Executive Mark Poloncarz says Erie County would be in favor of allowing about 7,000 fans at the October 15 Bills game. He says that's if there is "timed exit-entry," but ultimately the decision is up to the state.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

This just came across my fb feed:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/poloncarz-county-would-be-in-favor-of-allowing-about-7000-fans-at-october-15-bills-game-if-there-is-timed-exit-entry/?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR11QqiXtuhcsFcqcOfHEZLhhdZAbUZL675CiLnqHWnx16X2iUQraQekU00

Executive Mark Poloncarz says Erie County would be in favor of allowing about 7,000 fans at the October 15 Bills game. He says that's if there is "timed exit-entry," but ultimately the decision is up to the state.

7000 people on timed exit/entry, of a facility and parking grounds that large, is probably exponentially safer for fans than the inevitable piling into their buddy's living room that is the alternative 😅

• Like (+1) 1