Maybe we should give credit to the opposition for completely changing the game around.

njbuff

Sometimes you have to give credit to the other guys.

The Rams didn’t wilt when they went down 28-3 and decided they didn’t want to go down meekly.

Also, in turn, I don’t care what anyone says, the Bills took their foot completely off the gas pedal as they thought it was as easy as pie.

Just watching the Bills sidelines when they went up 28-3, I thought the Bills could have been in some trouble.

But to Allen’s credit, his team didn’t wilt either when they had NO MOMENTUM at the end of the game.

In the end........

an instant classic.

• Like (+1) 8

Yeah, the Rams are a really really good team. Seahawks and Packers had their hands full in their wins too. It is a tough league to win in and we are 3-0. 

This may have been the perfect win because it serves as a point of emphasis going forwards that you are NEVER "safe" with the lead. It exposed some of our flaws and emphasized some of our strenths.

A lot to build on. Our offense is going to continue to improve and hopefully we keep the throttle down all 60 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 3

It can't be a classic for me because of the horrible officiating. It still makes me angry.

1 minute ago, Ghs24mike said:

Yeah, the Rams are a really really good team. Seahawks and Packers had their hands full in their wins too. It is a tough league to win in and we are 3-0. 

This may have been the perfect win because it serves as a point of emphasis going forwards that you are NEVER "safe" with the lead. It exposed some of our flaws and emphasized some of our strenths.

A lot to build on. Our offense is going to continue to improve and hopefully we keep the throttle down all 60 minutes. 

I agree. I also thought about this. Hopefully this shows the players and coaches that the best coarse of action is to stay aggressive and continue to stomp on the necks of their opponents. I think execution by the players has been the issue. They need to find a way to keep up the intensity.

• Like (+1) 4

Rams are tough.  They knew they could run on us and they stuck with it.  Our defense was terrible on the drive right after 28-3.  They offered no resistance.   Then the crazy PI call and the wheels literally fell off.  We looked similar to the Bills in the second half versus Houston.  Again we got away from Singletary for awhile, until the last drive.  

Thankfully, we pulled it out.  Allen made some huge plays on the last drive.  Beasley was clutch.  The PI was the correct call.  The Rams were fortunate to not get more penalties IMO.   

The Rams just gave the rest of the league a nice blueprint on how to run on us.  McD and Frazier need to get to work.  

• Like (+1) 2

This I agree with, they fought back.

Im sure the Rams felt them same about their defense the same way we felt about ours. 

They gave up 28 early and did nothing offensively early. They know they are better than that.

These are the types of games we will be seeing this year. We have a really tough schedule and the games are going to back and forth.

This was the extreme though in terms of losing a lead. 

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Rams are tough.  They knew they could run on us and they stuck with it.  Our defense was terrible on the drive right after 28-3.  They offered no resistance.   Then the crazy PI call and the wheels literally fell off.  We looked similar to the Bills in the second half versus Houston.  Again we got away from Singletary for awhile, until the last drive.  

Thankfully, we pulled it out.  Allen made some huge plays on the last drive.  Beasley was clutch.  The PI was the correct call.  The Rams were fortunate to not get more penalties IMO.   

The Rams just gave the rest of the league a nice blueprint on how to run on us.  McD and Frazier need to get to work.  

They need to start utilizing the ground game when it’s working, especially with a 20+ point lead. 

Bills didn't take their foot off anything.  The Rams moved the ball at will most of the game.  Levi and Milano made two really nice plays in the first half.  Tip your hat to them.  They have a great offense.  But I thought our defense was supposed to be elite? It isn't anywhere close to elite.  There are major issues at MLB and the most of the DL.  Will they be exposed by lesser teams?  Probably not. They play disciplined football on the back end which means they don't get beat deep often.  As much as I want Edmunds to be moved outside and don't think he is a great MLB, he will play better than he did against the Rams.  He lacks consistency but he is a better player than what he showed on the field yesterday - maybe the shoulder is worse than we thought.  They will face some elite offenses later in the year - KC, Seattle, Arizona.  Those teams have flaws too though.  And now the Bills have an offense that can score with any team in the league.  

I will harp again.  They need pass rushers.  They don't get enough pressure on the QB and therefore they don't get enough turnovers.  They are old at DE and small at DT.  Beane needs to spend some draft capital and try to get a player to add to the front 7.    

• Like (+1) 4

I hear you. We should always give credit to the other team's efforts (except when the effort is cheating, you know who you are).

But it is a concern that our defense seems to crumble a bit in the second half. In the 3 games, we've seen the defense suffocate the offenses in the first 2 quarters. Only to see those same offenses move the ball in the second half.

What is it? Conditioning? Injuries? Coaching? Playing with a lead? Or a combination? Either way. Our guys still have to work on a complete game.

But for now. We're a legitimate 3 - 0! This is the best bills team in decades.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Outside zone, play action bootlegs and half boots.  They utilize a ton of motion too, play some tempo at times.  They're a team that also absolutely benefits MASSIVELY from no crowd noise.

• Like (+1) 1

The Rams are a good team.

What we saw in the 2nd half yesterday, however, was inexcusable. Being outscored 29-0, at home, when you are looking to be called a contender?

The offense and defense both, especially the coaching staff, ***** the bed as bad as any team I've witnessed for a brief period of time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills didn't take their foot off anything.  The Rams moved the ball at will most of the game.  Levi and Milano made two really nice plays in the first half.  Tip your hat to them.  They have a great offense.  But I thought our defense was supposed to be elite? It isn't anywhere close to elite.  There are major issues at MLB and the most of the DL.  Will they be exposed by lesser teams?  Probably not. They play disciplined football on the back end which means they don't get beat deep often.  As much as I want Edmunds to be moved outside and don't think he is a great MLB, he will play better than he did against the Rams.  He lacks consistency but he is a better player than what he showed on the field yesterday - maybe the shoulder is worse than we thought.  They will face some elite offenses later in the year - KC, Seattle, Arizona.  Those teams have flaws too though.  And now the Bills have an offense that can score with any team in the league.  

I will harp again.  They need pass rushers.  They don't get enough pressure on the QB and therefore they don't get enough turnovers.  They are old at DE and small at DT.  Beane needs to spend some draft capital and try to get a player to add to the front 7.    

The past two years they have used their first draft picks—including number 8 overall—on front 7 players who were supposedly great pass rushers.  How much more draft capital do they have to use there?

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Also, in turn, I don’t care what anyone says, the Bills took their foot completely off the gas pedal as they thought it was as easy as pie.

I always wondered how people come to this conclusion?   (Not questioning you...just trying to understand  what events by the Bills caused you to say the above) !

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Rams are a good team.

What we saw in the 2nd half yesterday, however, was inexcusable. Being outscored 29-0, at home, when you are looking to be called a contender?

The offense and defense both, especially the coaching staff, ***** the bed as bad as any team I've witnessed for a brief period of time.

Is it just me, or since the Cheats came back on the Falcons in the SB, have there not been the most ridiculous comebacks week after week? I'm talking 24+ point comeback games on the regular... Falcons seem to be on the bad end of a lot of them as are we.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree with everything up til the bold.

I don’t see it.  Addison, Hughes and Murphy are fine pass rushers.  We were all over Fitz and darnold.  The rams O set our d up perfectly with a strong run game and play action.  They’ve done it to every team they’ve faced so far and will continue to do it.  They’re a very good offense and sometimes very good offense have productive days.

How many “superstar” elite pass rushers are there in the league? Maybe a handful.  At this point, it’s easier to find an elite QB than to find an elite pass rusher.  The guys we have are pretty good at getting to the QB.

you say Beane needs to spend some draft capital to get front 7 player.  We used our first picks on a DL the last 2 years.  Expect to use one of our top picks on a DL next year as well.  I don’t see him trading draft pick for a DL. Our cap situation makes it tricky.

I do think that we should bring in Snacks. He won’t cost us anything other than salary for the rest of the year.  Not sure how he fits in our scheme, but he can’t hurt.  

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Rams didn’t wilt when they went down 28-3 and decided they didn’t want to go down meekly.

Just watching the Bills sidelines when they went up 28-3, I thought the Bills could have been in some trouble.

But to Allen’s credit, his team didn’t wilt either when they had NO MOMENTUM at the end of the game.

In the end........

an instant classic.

This game reminded me of the Bills-Eagles game from 1990.

It was a great win for the Bills, and you have to give credit to the Rams for not folding.

I still think the Rams are being overlooked from a nationwide perspective. They are very talented. I would not be surprised at all if they won the NFC West.

I think after almost 24 hours people can start to see the big picture here. That rams team is still mainly built on the coaches and players that brought them to the Super Bowl 2 years ago and they look like they could be a serious contender again this year and our Bills beat them in a shoot out. That is unbelievable and something I haven’t seen from a Bills teams since the Kelly era. Not even the 1 good Bledsoe year could begin to start to describe how excited I am for this team. Sure there’s some problems here and there but the Bills are now built to be serious contenders and it looks like it could stay that way for a while. This could be a regular season game that people point to in the future where we realized this team has officially arrived on the contender list. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

In the end........

an instant classic.

Naw....