We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

Shouldn’t it be painfully obvious to them right now that Gase isn’t a good HC? He could get fired now and nobody would question it.

That said, Gase can probably go back to being Peyton Manning’s personal assistant once he’s out of a job. It served him well before

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

If Jets get a new QB next year, I would love Sam Darnold to come to the Bills and be Josh Allen's backup.

I'm not sure that would be a good idea, any more than bringing in Fitzy would be.

46 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8b9687583cecd6bae21a419bd3435536.jpeg

Sure you do!  I'm thinking about 10 more weeks would be appropriate...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jets-executives-evaluating-adam-160600966.html

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, high-ranking Jets executives are keeping an eye on Gase over New York’s next two games.

What have they been doing the first three weeks -- out golfing and just checking the scores?

• Haha (+1) 2

He was a loser coach in Miami that all the players allegedly hated.  He's never been head coach material.  

None of that information was industry secret.  Some people make better coordinators than they do coaches.  

He's a weird guy.  I was at the Eagles/Jets game last year in front of their bench, and he barely interacted with the players or other coaches during the game. 

IMO, the Jets haven't given Gase enough time to bring his vision of the team to fruition.

If I were running the team I'd give him not only this year but next year as well. Unless your name is Rex Ryan you deserve three years minimum to build the team you want to win with.

😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

IMO, the Jets haven't given Gase enough time to bring his vision of the team to fruition.

If I were running the team I'd give him not only this year but next year as well. Unless your name is Rex Ryan you deserve three years minimum to build the team you want to win with.

😉

Hear hear, in a way.  It would be great if the Bills could get another 1.5 years of mileage out of stomping the Jets twice each year under his leadership.

4 hours ago, CaliBills said:

If Jets get a new QB next year, I would love Sam Darnold to come to the Bills and be Josh Allen's backup.

He’s not going to the Bills as a backup.  He’ll probably go to a place like NO, Tampa, or Indy where those QB’s are about to retire.  On a very good team with a good coach, he can probably be rehabbed into a decent QB.  I feel for Darnold.  He didn’t choose to be drafted by a dumpster fire as the Jets will perpetually suck forever unless they unretire Parcells.  Fat chance that happening.  He’s the only HC I can even think of as decent for that team.  Oh, there’s Belicheck, but only for about 12 hours.  🤣😇😂👌

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Why would they need to watch the next two? He's already proven he's not a competent HC.

Because putting people on notice before a termination is standard operating procedure in the business world.

I.E., Gase is gone in 2 games, if he doesn't quit sooner.

Nothing surprising here.