We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Jets’ best plan may be to tank for Trevor. Gase winning a few games to prove himself may be the worst thing for them and good for us.

They don't need to tank, they are legitimately a horrible team that will be lucky to win 2 games.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who could have seen this coming 

I love this!  Create an excuse for yourself but couch it in terms so that anyone who doesn't understand the excuse is made to look like a fool.

I've said this a thousand times about all sorts of coaches in the NFL, but it is ASTONISHING that this guy remains employed permanently at half the franchises in the damned league.

There is a perception that the only guys who can do it are those who have done it, so these guys tend to keep coaching jobs for careers.

The reality is there are probably thousands of quality candidates capable of coaching at the NFL level.

Rich Kotite's 1-15 season as head coach is the gold standard for Jets futility.  Here's an enjoyable article comparing the 1996 to the 2020 Jets.

"I remember there were weeks back then when I would give up a paycheck just for a win because we were so close. With this team, it isn’t just getting beat, it’s getting out-everythinged."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/jets-going-0-16-wouldnt-bother-one-awful-team-of-their-past/

I agree that Gase is a terrible head coach and should be fired.  The question is, who is going to evaluate the Jets executives.  Unfortunately for the Jets, they are the root of the problem and it's hard to imagine that the team will be able to make meaningful long term improvements until the head gets lopped off of that giant mess.

Best case scenario is that after the Bills game, Gase gets fired and Greggo is made interim HC. On cue, like in Cleveland, the team rallies and wins a few games including beating the pats to help us. and the jets not only fall out of the Trevor sweepstakes but the org decides greggo should just be hired as permanent HC. The suckitude then continues. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

More of the same.   
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30128510/new-york-jets-defensive-coordinator-gregg-williams-takes-veiled-shot-team-offense

On Friday, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams took a veiled shot at coach Adam Gase's offense, suggesting the defensive struggles aren't entirely the fault of the defense.

Williams' unit hasn't fared much better, yielding 394 yards per game and ranking last in third-down defense. The defense also has been plagued by undisciplined play. The Jets have committed 21 defensive penalties, second-most in the league. They lead the league in roughing-the-passer penalties (seven).