We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

On 9/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jets-executives-evaluating-adam-160600966.html

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, high-ranking Jets executives are keeping an eye on Gase over New York’s next two games.

Trevor Laurenzo 

21 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm pulling for Darnold tonight.

I can’t pull for Darnold but I hope jests win 

3-0 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

A little while ago they had gone on record calling him a genius

is it bad that I want them to keep him for one more year, so that the ineptitude continues?

Nope. Not one bit. I'm right there with you.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:49 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jets-executives-evaluating-adam-160600966.html

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, high-ranking Jets executives are keeping an eye on Gase over New York’s next two games.

I would not rank any Jet’s executive very highly.  What a tire fire....... They can get rid of Gase, but it seems the problems go much higher than that. 

Being the top pick in the draft would be cool. Being drafted by the Jet’s and that front office? Not so much. Lamar Jackson was fortunate to fall in the draft.

Again, landing spot is an enormous factor in a player’s success. Ask Josh and Lamar. Baker and Darnold went to worse teams earlier in the draft. There is a reason they were drafting that early. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would not rank any Jet’s executive very highly.  What a tire fire....... They can get rid of Gase, but it seems the problems go much higher than that. 

Being the top pick in the draft would be cool. Being drafted by the Jet’s and that front office? Not so much. Lamar Jackson was fortunate to fall in the draft.

Again, landing spot is an enormous factor in a player’s success. Ask Josh and Lamar. Baker and Darnold went to worse teams earlier in the draft. There is a reason they were drafting that early. 

I think it’s been said. 

Those HRO’s hired Gase in the first place 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I think it’s been said. 

Those HRO’s hired Gase in the first place 

I hope when they replace him, the stink remains. Hey! We had our turn! Let the rest of the AFCE take turns coming in last! 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jburt2625 said:

Step 3 hire Greggo as interim head coach. 

Step 4.........

Speaking of Greggo... he's on his way to being the only defensive coordinator for 2, 0-16 teams. I think he's found himself a niche. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

His lousy coaching aside, he’s 100% correct about L Bell’s cowardly criticism. 

..and instead of talking to Bell...he puts out a media report about it. Gase's issues with communication aren't new. Same stuff happened in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

..and instead of talking to Bell...he puts out a media report about it. Gase's issues with communication aren't new. Same stuff happened in Miami. 

Are you under the impression that a HC is obligated to explain to a player why or why not that player was used in a particular way in a game? I’m sure Gase is a world class A hole and nobody would want to talk to him, but if Bell has an issue, it is on him to talk to his coach about it and not hide behind media tweets. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Are you under the impression that a HC is obligated to explain to a player why or why not that player was used in a particular way in a game? I’m sure Gase is a world class A hole and nobody would want to talk to him, but if Bell has an issue, it is on him to talk to his coach about it and not hide behind media tweets. 

Obligated?  No.   But should have done it?  Yes, absolutely.   It may not be a written requirement, but it's definitely an unwritten one.

Coaches with people skills--who treat their players like individuals and can reach them on a personal level--are enormously effective, even at the pro level.   Players want to play for them, and will go beyond the normal 'its a paycheck' performance.   And you don't have to be a best friend.  Look at Belichick--his players love him, can't recall ever hearing a bad word from them.   Same with McD, they trust him and will follow him as a leader.

I just read a bunch of comments by Taylor Hall, the Sabres new free agent.   Ralph Krueger was a huge reason why he chose Buffalo (in addition to seeing a pot of gold waiting him after a year on Jack's LW):

Hall couldn’t overstate how big of a factor Krueger’s presence played in his decision.

“Ralph is a very interesting human being,” Hall said. “He’s so diversified in his interests and how he talks to people. I think in 2020, a coach like him has the greatest chance of connecting with athletes and really making people better.

“We talk about hockey and how it’s all statistics and stuff like that, but really it’s a bunch of people, and I feel like he can get the most out of people.”

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-ralph-krueger-taylor-hall-signing/c-319440400

Edited by Lurker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1