We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

Just now, LeviF91 said:

I would never stop giggling if ANOTHER can't-miss QB prospect decided to stay an extra season because the Jets were picking first overall.

I was thinking the same thing, opening the window living in the middle of nowhere and hearing a collection of smirking when the news breaks about Lawrence staying in Clemson

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

If Allen plays like this all year we will probably lose him to a HC position somewhere..

not an issue if Allen continues to play at this level, any top OC will be able to work with him realistically. 

Good QB's aren't reliant on their OC 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

We can sneeze at it but Roman and Lawrence could be a good combination.

That's, of course, with the big IF: if they can put together a decent roster.

I don’t know that Roman is a head coach. There have been comments he’s more of a coordinator. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/01/report-adam-gases-job-not-hanging-in-balance-thursday-night/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Gase’s job doesn’t hang in the balance. He cites people informed of the team’s thoughts as saying that a firing would be counterproductive to the team as a whole and to quarterback Sam Darnold in particular.

I don't know how firing Gase would be counterproductive to Darnold considering Darnold hasn't improved since his time there. If anything, Darnold seems to be going down the road of David Carr as a being a broken QB under Gase. One can only the Jets are stupid enough to keep Gase around. Like I said before, you see Tannehill now that he escaped Gase. I imagine it would be similar for Sam if he could escape his clutches as well. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 3:36 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yeah? But I've got BOTH of my eyes on youse first! 

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

Thanks for posting this - no thread about Adam Gase is complete without someone posting the Press Conference Photo!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/30/2020 at 12:00 PM, Beast said:

I will be rooting for a Jets victory. To keep Gase and so they lose out on Lawrence.

I’m not scared of the Jets even if they get Trevor Lawrence.....Allen > Lawrence... the Jets organization is so terribly run to the point where they can’t get a good coach and if they did, they’d be 4 years behind our rebuild at that point.. don’t care how good Lawrence is...he’ll get ruined if he goes to the Jets... I had Darnold as my 3rd QB behind Mayfield and Allen and I believe in my heart of hearts that he could have been a good QB if he went to the right team.. solid arm, big frame, accurate...throws a beautiful ball...and the Jets ruined him.. if Darnold went to the Bills he’d probably be looked at quite differently right now.. no way in hell he’d be where Allen is at but I think he’d be good..

I almost feel bad for Sam Darnold. Almost. I despise the gotd*mn Jets tho, so, almost is as much as I can offer. 

It starts at the top with moron ownership. That ownership can't keep it's front office straight and is now stuck with a team built by two different administrations with two different team building perspectives. They give up a buncha picks to move up and get Darnold third overall in 2018. He shows some promising signs that year. They fire their head coach. Then they hire a coach who made his name as Peyton Manning's clipboard jockey. And then they sign a running back that needs a solid OL and isn't wanted by the head coach. Then they let their best receiver walk and the other one (Enunwa) is forced out of the game by injuries. They don't do a thing to improve their OL on 2019 yet they somehow finish relatively strong and Darnold shows more signs. 2020. They try to improve the OL but their big first round left tackle is already out. They have precisely zero offensive weapons. Bell has a bum hammy. Darnold's seeing the same ghosts he's seen since last year. He's regressed. He's doing all sorts of things Josh Allen was eviscerated by the media for doing. He's probably friggin' miserable. He's stuck with a numbnuts head coach who's main concern is, "Did they deposit my paycheck?" 

Well... f#@k 'em, man. They made their dumpster fire of a bed and now they can all sleep in it. Losers. I hope by this time next year that Adam Gase is the world's sh*ttiest Walmart greeter, get lost ya frickin' putz.