We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

6 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

...and coming from Bills Mafia.  That would be classic. 

Didn't Chris Johnson say Gase was an offensive genius who was taking football where it needs to go? I don't know about that but he is taking the Jets to where Bills fans want them to go. I hope he keeps his job but living 20 minutes from MetLife I can tell you Gase is a dead man walking from all the media reports. At this point its not IF but WHEN he gets the boot. If the Jets lose Thursday night vs the Broncos then there is a good chance he is gone with GW taking over for the rest of the season.

18 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Definitely, I'm just suggesting Beane needs to do whatever HE can to entice Daboll to stay.  Truckloads of money usually works!  😉

Head coaches make more than coordinators though. If Daboll wants to be a HC then there may not be much you can do to keep him.

Edited by Bangarang

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Head coaches make more than coordinators though. If Daboll wants to be a HC then there may not be much you can do to keep him.

So, the rail and tar and feathers many of us had reserved for him still might come in handy?...🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Crazy the Bills have 4 receivers with over 100 yards, 2 with over 200 and a RB that's 7 yards from breaking the 100 yard plateau yet the Jets top two haven't reached 125 yards yet and their 3rd is still 25 yards away from 100.

Gase might have Manning's endorsement but a QB whisperer he's not.  

BTW - I love that the Bills are averaging a TD per quarter and the Jets only have 4 on the season.   Dear NY Jets - Pease keep Gase!!! At least until week 8...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Didn't Chris Johnson say Gase was an offensive genius who was taking football where it needs to go? I don't know about that but he is taking the Jets to where Bills fans want them to go. I hope he keeps his job but living 20 minutes from MetLife I can tell you Gase is a dead man walking from all the media reports. At this point its not IF but WHEN he gets the boot. If the Jets lose Thursday night vs the Broncos then there is a good chance he is gone with GW taking over for the rest of the season.

GW will become the Fitzy spin cycle version of head coaching! Of course, only for as long as it takes him to accept the next Supreme Court vacancy :rolleyes:

On 9/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, mannc said:

Every football person knows that a coach like Gase needs at least four years for his offensive schemes to really take hold and start bearing fruit. Gotta stay patient...

I think the Jets should wait about ten years before deciding if Gase should be their coach long term.  You can't rush these things.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:49 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jets-executives-evaluating-adam-160600966.html

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, high-ranking Jets executives are keeping an eye on Gase over New York’s next two games.

Sure Gase doesn't seem like a great leader or coach, but how bad has their FO done in surrounding Darnold with talent?

Their offense started 37-year old Frank Gore, Braxton Berrios, and Chris Hogan. That is worse than the 2017-2018 Bills with Benjamin, Kerley, Zay Jones, and McCoy/Tolbert.  

What are you going to win in the NFL with that? 

In addition to trying to build the rest of your team through FA - Bell, Mosley

ny-jets-dumpster-fire.jpg&key=2896f089c8

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Sure Gase doesn't seem like a great leader or coach, but how bad has their FO done in surrounding Darnold with talent?

Their offense started 37-year old Frank Gore, Braxton Berrios, and Chris Hogan. That is worse than the 2017-2018 Bills with Benjamin, Kerley, Zay Jones, and McCoy/Tolbert.  

What are you going to win in the NFL with that? 

In addition to trying to build the rest of your team through FA - Bell, Mosley

I may be mis-remembering ...  They brought people in.   

Covid Opt Out and injuries depleted talent 

https://nflspinzone.com/2020/07/11/new-york-jets-offseason-moves-redo-2020/

How New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas should’ve handled the offseason.

The New York Jets have enjoyed a productive 2020 NFL offseason. They fortified the offensive line, made some skill position additions and should be better than they were a season ago. Then again, the offseason could’ve gone better.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Nobody in their right mind watched that introductory press conference, and watched Gase and his space cadet eyes, and concluded the Jets could win anything. 

That was the strangest press conference I've ever seen. 

Seriously all the other FO people at that table should of been like

When I've made a huge mistake. - GIF on Imgur

On 9/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly dont know why Joe Douglas gets a pass on this one.  He had oodles of money to spend this offseason and ended up with Breshad Perriman and Chris Hogan as two of his starting wideouts.   The team is a total dumpster fire.    Watching Darnold yesterday you can tell the lights are all the way off.   My only hope is they dont end up with the 1st overall pick.

I dont think he gets a pass per se. But this is his 1st year there & instead of committing to high price free agents, i imagine he wanted to see what he had 1st in the players that were already there. So he made some middling kind of moves, with the intention most likely to then make bolder moves next year. But he couldnt have foreseen all the injuries they had & the Jamal Adams fiasco & CJ Mosley opting out due to covid.

27 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I dont think he gets a pass per se. But this is his 1st year there & instead of committing to high price free agents, i imagine he wanted to see what he had 1st in the players that were already there. So he made some middling kind of moves, with the intention most likely to then make bolder moves next year. But he couldnt have foreseen all the injuries they had & the Jamal Adams fiasco & CJ Mosley opting out due to covid.

If Joe Douglas couldnt look at the game film last year and realize his roster was devoid of talent he should have never been a GM.   The talent he did have he moved.  He then left his third year quarterback, who needed to take a giant leap forward this year mind you, and surrounded him with a steaming pile of monkey dung at both offensive line and wideout.     Dont even get me started at what they have at cornerback and edge rusher right now.

The Jets are in a situation right now that will take them years to get out of if they don't end up with Trevor Lawrence.   And even if they do end up with Lawrence, who is uniquely gifted like our current QB, they will waste him as well if they dont surround him with good players, solid veterans, not just rookies they hope end up good like Denzel Mims.   Or complete waste cases like Le'Veon Bell. 

Maybe that was all part of his plan who knows.  Maybe he was just waiting until Gase got fired and Darnold was out of town behind him....Hopefully they win enough games to be out of the Lawrence sweepstakes.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/28/2020 at 7:23 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly dont know why Joe Douglas gets a pass on this one.  He had oodles of money to spend this offseason and ended up with Breshad Perriman and Chris Hogan as two of his starting wideouts.   The team is a total dumpster fire.    Watching Darnold yesterday you can tell the lights are all the way off.   My only hope is they dont end up with the 1st overall pick.

Because no top tier free agents or coaches will sign with the jets, during free agency some players called certain free agents and told them not to come to the jets lol. The Jets have become the new Cleveland Browns