We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jets-executives-evaluating-adam-160600966.html

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, high-ranking Jets executives are keeping an eye on Gase over New York’s next two games.

Yeah? But I've got BOTH of my eyes on youse first! 

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

Man oh man I hope they keep him!!  Heck give him a contract extension!!

In 2015 he became the OC for the Bears.  Well under the direction of this offensive guru and QB whisperer they went from 21st in total offense, 15th in passing and 9th in passing TDs to 21st again, but 23rd in passing and 23 in passing TDs

Then he took over in Miami from Joe Philbin and Dan Campbell - they went from 26 in total offense, 19th in passing and 19th in passing TDs to 24th in total offense but dropped 26th in passing and climbed to 12th in passing TDs.  The next year 25th in offense, 18th in passing even though they took the 4th most attempts and 15th in passing TDs. In 2018 they dropped to 31st in offense, 30th in passing and stayed in the middle of the pack ranked 17th in passing TDs

The Jets were 19th in total offense, 25th in passing and 26th in passing TDs before he got there with Todd Bowles.   Since? 32nd in total offense, 29th in passing and 27th in passing TDs.  This year - 32nd in total offense, 32nd in passing and 26th in passing TDs

Please Jets!!!  Don't fire him!!!

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jets-executives-evaluating-adam-160600966.html

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, high-ranking Jets executives are keeping an eye on Gase over New York’s next two games.

what else are they expecting to learn? 

55 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Would you have fired Beane when he gutted the roster here? 

Beane gutted the team to get draft capital to get his QB which he said is the most important need.

Gase was handed a top pick QB.  If he didn't want Darnold he shouldn't of taken the job IMO.

32 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane gutted the team to get draft capital to get his QB which he said is the most important need.

Gase was handed a top pick QB.  If he didn't want Darnold he shouldn't of taken the job IMO.

I agree. Why the Jets had a hard time attracting a quality coach was because they were forcing a DC and a QB on them. 

Gase != Beane

Douglas = Beane

I suspect Douglas wants to get his QB too

Edited by jeremy2020

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I agree. Why the Jets had a hard time attracting a quality coach was because they were forcing a DC and a QB on them. 

Gase != Beane

Douglas = Beane

I suspect Douglas wants to get his QB too

You can't blame them for wanting their own QB but it just shows horrible planning and wasting what Darnold might have brought.

He did eat up a lot of picks for them.  Now their going to start over again?  Jets are just a bad organization.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You can't blame them for wanting their own QB but it just shows horrible planning and wasting what Darnold might have brought.

He did eat up a lot of picks for them.  Now their going to start over again?  Jets are just a bad organization.

I don't disagree, but Douglas was hired right before last season. He wasn't really involved most of it. He tore the roster down this offseason so the idea of them dumping Douglas seems...extreme. It seems straightforward that while the Johnsons and Gase may have had ideas around winning with Darnold....the GM intends to get a new QB

16 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

But he didn't

They traded a WR and CB for a WR and CB and draft picks. They guys they got in return were not as talented at Watkins and Darby, but its not like Beane cut them and signed some PS guy

I also believe that McDermott wins a few games with the 0-16 Browns and this Jets team. Coaching matters. I think the Jets stuggled to recruit players too since their coach is an Jerk and the team wasn't very good. Why would you choose to go there if you had other options?

It how you end up with Chris Hogan starting in week 4

Edited by Captain Hindsight

16 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, but I wasn't looking to scapegoat Mcdermott for going 6-10 with a terrible roster either. 

I think Gase does need to stop getting blown out though, a few games to prove the players didn't quit on him should be enough to save his job