We knew this was coming -- Jets executives evaluating Adam Gase over next 2 games

The day that Chris Johnson came out and said he fully backs Adam Gase I said, "well Gase is gone in a few weeks".

EVERY TIME an owner has to publicly state to the media that they still back a coach, it's the kiss of death. Because only bad coaches who deserve to be fired would be in a position where the owner has to try to restore confidence.

This is an unfortunate development for Bills fans tho. Would love to keep Gase in the division as long as possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

IMO, the Jets haven't given Gase enough time to bring his vision of the team to fruition.

If I were running the team I'd give him not only this year but next year as well. Unless your name is Rex Ryan you deserve three years minimum to build the team you want to win with.

😉

I like the way you think

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Why would they need to watch the next two? He's already proven he's not a competent HC.

Can't judge him with only 4 years and 3 games of being an HC. You need at least 10 years to truly judge a HC. 

Please forward this along to the johnson brothers. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Maybe I'm the only one, but if I was a Jets fan I'd want to see the GM fired before Gase. 

Gase has proven he's an average to a little below average HC through 4 years in the league with a 30-37 record for 2 teams that did not have high expectations or very good rosters.  

I'm looking up and down that roster and I see a team that would be in the running for 1st overall pick regardless of who the coach is.  

2 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

If THAT happens, Beane should be fired!!  Pay the man and keep him around.  Bills have been fortunate to maintain some coaching stability recently.  Time to stay OFF the NFL coaching merry-go-round.

You realize if he's offered a head coaching job, he's free to leave.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Every football person knows that a coach like Gase needs at least four years for his offensive schemes to really take hold and start bearing fruit. Gotta stay patient...

Yep offensive geniuses like Gase have such complex schemes it takes years for players to fully grasp the playbook.😂   Much like Defensive genius Rex Ryan’s playbook for us as HC.🤔.  Just ask Mario Williams