My hope for Brian Daboll

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bienemy isn’t an applicable comparison because you “don’t think anyone believes that Mahomes development is a product of bienemy”?  He isn’t an applicable comparison because it doesn’t fit your agenda.

lamar jackson led the league in td passes Last year and they don’t respect him as a passer.....in your opinion.  They respect him as a passer, they just have to respect his legs.  His legs help open up his passing.  Roman is part of the reason.  He isn’t an applicable comparison because it doesn’t fit your agenda.  Most people thought LJ was the perfect fit in Baltimore....because they knew Roman was the perfect coach for him.  He was and is.  He made him the mvp. 

Both are applicable comparisons.

that said, depending on how many coaching vacancies there are, I expect Daboll to be on several teams short lists.  Just like I expect Bienemy and Roman to be.

Wow. I have an agenda? Is this a covert agenda? Do you think its also...a conspiracy? Do you think this will eventually become a novel as well? 

This is so cool. Tell me more. 

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wow. I have an agenda? Is this a covert agenda? Do you think its also...a conspiracy? Do you think this will eventually become a novel as well? 

This is so cool. Tell me more. 

Do you know what an agenda is?  You act as if I’m accusing you of murder.  

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sure, but the term "agenda," when used outside of a professional/planning context, includes with it a connotation of sinister motive. 

Oh.  Ok, I apologize.  

I should have said-  He isn’t an applicable candidate because he doesn’t fit the your narrative 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh.  Ok, I apologize.  

I should have said-  He isn’t an applicable candidate because he doesn’t fit the your narrative 

3 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

No he isn't. There are never enough vacancies to go around and college football is loaded with good coaches at the moment, and teams would love to have the next Kingsbury or Rhule

Saying that Daboll will have a head coaching spot next year, especially because of what he accomplished with Josh Allen is super high on my list of things I thought were so obvious they wouldnt receive any push back.

7 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Saying that Daboll will have a head coaching spot next year, especially because of what he accomplished with Josh Allen is super high on my list of things I thought were so obvious they wouldnt receive any push back.

It’s week 3.  We don’t even know how many vacancies there will be.  We don’t know what other college coaches or OCs or DCs will have “breakout” seasons.  I think he’ll be a candidate for most vacancies.  I don’t know if he’s going to be a HC.  

I wasn’t necessarily pushing back that he won’t be a candidate, he will.  I was merely giving a counterpoint to your statement.  Lamar and Mahomes, the two most transcendent QBs we’ve seen in decades, still have the OCs that helped them achieve greatness by their side.  

I just don’t think that it’s a given that he’ll be a HC next year.  

I wouldn't guarantee he's a head coach next year, but I think it's pretty likely. Even before this season started, I was looking at this as the last year of Daboll. Either he and Allen do well and he gets a HC gig or the team plateaus and we give another OC a try. Seems far more likely to be the former than the latter at this point. He already was getting interest from teams BEFORE Allen blew up. Between Allen's progress, the play-calling, and his connections to both Belichick and Saban, I think he'll be near the top of the list of coordinators that teams want to interview.

Better to be a team that other teams want to hire from than being a team nobody wants a part of.

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

We've all heard the talk about Daboll becoming a likely candidate for more head coaching interviews in the future, and that will likely continue as Josh Allen ascends.

I have to admit, I'm holding out a bit of hope that as the Bills continue to move into the top echelon of teams, that Daboll will pump the brakes on his own career aspirations and stay focused on bringing a championship to his hometown.

Or maybe, Pegula revisits his contract and sweetens it a bit in light of Allen's development?

Is this hope on my part completely irrational?

Why would you worry about this ?  Isn't Daboll on a poster's hotseat right now?

If this continues.... our best hope is that he has learned from many who have come before him, and he is selective about choosing his spot.  

If it is an 'opportunity' to join the Jets' or Lions' trash heap of failure or wait a year... then maybe he sits it out and waits for a great situation not set up to fail?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Daboll is gone. He’s going to end up in Minnesota with Trey Lance.

Unless something crazy happens the rest of this season I agree Daboll is a goner.  You don't get into this business and not dream of becoming a HC.

The hope would be that Dorsey makes the most sense to step in as OC, right?

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Unless something crazy happens the rest of this season I agree Daboll is a goner.  You don't get into this business and not dream of becoming a HC.

The hope would be that Dorsey makes the most sense to step in as OC, right?

That’s what I’m thinking. It would be a pretty natural progression and keep that continuity with Josh. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, like Eric Bienemy.  The guy that taught the young qb how to win mvp.....and super bowl mvp......and is still the OC.  Or Mark Roman, the guy that turned LJ into mvp.  

Bienemy's hangup is he has never called plays, and the Andy Reid effect.

Roman has only been successful with running QBs.

Since this board loves to talk about eating crow so much, shouldn't there be a big feast in celebration of Brian Daboll? 

I mean we love to blame the OC every time something goes wrong, but the guy isn't the one executing on the field. Seems like now the personnel is there, the skill is there, and the QB is there, and suddenly our offense is playing like a top offense should.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1