The one sentence Allen said that sums up why he has gone from raw prospect to verge of superstardom: "I just want it more than anything"

Big Turk

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Great predictions.  I would love nothing more than to watch Josh Allen build a Hall of Fame career as the signal caller in Buffalo for the next 10-15 years.  It feels good to have a QB again.

+1.  Praying it holds up.  Go Bills!

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

When asked how he is able to make plays and come through in the clutch late in the 4th quarter so often when his team needs him, Allen just said "I just want it more than anything." That simple answer basically tells you everything you need to know about why Allen has improved so much in such a short time and in ways that many never thought possible.

Allen's mindset is one of belief and confidence in himself mixed with an insatiable hunger to improve and get better which leads to tirelessly working on improvements and refinements to his game.  Allen is only scratching the surface of what he can become and it is already looking pretty damned good...

I predict Allen leads this team to its first Super Bowl victory within the next 5 years.  

I also predict that Allen will take the reigns from Kelly as the best QB ever to play for the Bills by the time his career is over.

FACTS!!!!!

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Yeah? Well that is exciting too! We know that how good he already is, he will still improve!

And since day 1 Josh is ENTERTAINMENT. 

My "fear" for Josh was NOT that he would be a bust. I've always believed in him for some reason. But that he would be good or very good but not great. Like many QBs in the league you don't really want to fire but won't take you to the highest levels. Hell, I think Goff for example is one of those. I don't have that fear, and haven't had for a while. He'll be great or die trying!

The tell-tale that Allen had a shot was intelligence, and heart. Now, he has shown incredible steps. Mix that in with him being humble, polite and genuine to his teammates..and a damn tank on legs...
Let’s enjoy this ride without burdening him with expectations.

Edited by George C
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

For me, guys like Wilson are exciting. Rodgers because of the throws he can make, and ofc Mahomes. And going Old School I really liked Elway, Favre and ofc Kelly.

And so, for you, those guys are all more exciting than Allen?  That's fine if they are, but that is the question posed. 

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I say this without a drip of hyperbole: is he the most exciting quarterback to ever play the game?  That seems over the tope--I know--but I can't think of anyone that is more of a roller coaster ride.   

Like Kyle Brandt said: The NFL's MEP (most entertaining player).

I could do with a bit less entertainment and a bit more pre-snap recognition myself.  Fortunately, given that the "I just want it more than anything" seems to apply during the week and during the off season, I have faith that improvement will continue there - provided we can keep him in one piece until it does.

People forget, but Kelly was quite the roller-coaster ride himself, back in the day - especially his first 3 years in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

What if; What if Josh is just now scratching his potential and he continues to make even bigger strides!!!!  Think about that!  

I hear you, Lt, but we gotta keep him in one piece to make those strides. 

Corkscrewing 480 lbs of linebacker into the ground with his throwing arm then stiff-arming Aaron Donald is NOT the path to achieving that.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Like Kyle Brandt said: The NFL's MEP (most entertaining player).

I could do with a bit less entertainment and a bit more pre-snap recognition myself.  Fortunately, given that the "I just want it more than anything" seems to apply during the week and during the off season, I have faith that improvement will continue there - provided we can keep him in one piece until it does.

People forget, but Kelly was quite the roller-coaster ride himself, back in the day - especially his first 3 years in the NFL.

I hear you, Lt, but we gotta keep him in one piece to make those strides. 

Corkscrewing 480 lbs of linebacker into the ground with his throwing arm then stiff-arming Aaron Donald is NOT the path to achieving that.

I got you and don't disagree.  The "hero ball" tendencies have decreased significantly, but they come back here and there.  I think that comes with the territory with someone like him.  It's definitely something we want to reduce but not necessarily eliminate from his game.  It's a tough line to hoe.

20 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

What if; What if Josh is just now scratching his potential and he continues to make even bigger strides!!!!  Think about that!  

I get that it's just 3 games - but he's tearing up the league in the same way Mahomes did in his breakout year.

We're far enough into the season to at least realize that he has taken that next step.  His accuracy is the nicest surprise - he's over 70% and has been on the money eye-test wise.  But man is he clutch.  It's been awhile since we had a QB that I had such faith in for a drive like the last one yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I got you and don't disagree.  The "hero ball" tendencies have decreased significantly, but they come back here and there.  I think that comes with the territory with someone like him.  It's definitely something we want to reduce but not necessarily eliminate from his game.  It's a tough line to hoe.

You can't eliminate it.  It's part of his DNA.  What the coaches can work on is:

1) pre snap, pre snap, pre snap (though that's assuming that it was on Allen not to recognize Hollins as a blitzer and adjust - I think it may have been, though)

2) the right see-and-react instincts - knowing where there are guys and no defenders and to see (Hollins) and throw (away).  It's second down, he can live with 3rd and 10, live to see another down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can't eliminate it.  It's part of his DNA.  What the coaches can work on is:

1) pre snap, pre snap, pre snap (though that's assuming that it was on Allen not to recognize Hollins as a blitzer and adjust - I think it may have been, though)

2) the right see-and-react instincts - knowing where there are guys and no defenders and to see (Hollins) and throw (away).  It's second down, he can live with 3rd and 10, live to see another down.

I never been so confident on 3rd and long!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Lots of guys “want it more than anything.”  He’s succeeding because he has tremendous talent.

what Allen has that the others didn’t is the biggest arm on an omnidirectional tank with shocking speed and elusiveness and apparently a mind that processes as fast as some top tier guys and a burning desire to win and a magnetic personality to be a leader of men. Most QBs are are lacking in at least a few of these traits, even the HoF guys. He really is what the draft pubs said about being a Frankenquarterback that looks like some lab creation like the Super Soldier Project, it’s like nothing I can recall from any era.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

what Allen has that the others didn’t is the biggest arm on an omnidirectional tank with shocking speed and elusiveness and apparently a mind that processes as fast as some top tier guys and a burning desire to win and a magnetic personality to be a leader of men. Most QBs are are lacking in at least a few of these traits, even the HoF guys. He really is what the draft pubs said about being a Frankenquarterback that looks like some lab creation like the Super Soldier Project, it’s like nothing I can recall from any era.

Obviously, we're all getting ahead of ourselves, but what you say is correct.  Allen is threatening the game - he's showing people that he can play QB at a level no one has ever seen.  

As for the Favre comparison, yes, he has the attitude and moxie that Favre had.  But ask Favre, drunk or sober, about Allen, and I'm sure he'd say, "Man, I wish I had that arm and body."  Allen can do stuff that Favre could only dream about.  

• Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Agreed.  All of those things are what makes him a potentially great QB, but it's his physical gifts that are more rare and that set him apart. 

• Thank you (+1) 1