Should the Bills bring in Marcel Dareus?

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Even in the last few games Dareus was with the Bills he saw double teams almost half the time.  He no longer rushed the passer but he held the point of attack.  I didn't follow him in Jax closely but in looking up some things real quick he had elbow and core abdominal muscle injury/surgery.  None of us know if he is in shape.  But he is one of the few guys that has the natural size to play the NT or 1 technique DT spot.  It takes nothing but swallowing pride to call and check to see if he is in shape and wants to play.

The McBeane administration already kicked him to the curb.

I would suggest that is zero chance they bring him back, assuming other factors line up, like he is physically capable of playing, etc.

He is the epitome of the "anti-process" sort of guy.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would suggest that is zero chance they bring him back, assuming other factors line up, like he is physically capable of playing, etc.

This is absolutely true. You could also argue the "any port in a storm" point. We are pretty desperate at this point. As much as I despise the Pats. They have gotten some decent production through the years from also rans, dbags and castoffs from other teams when they have had injuries or lacked depth in the position. Beane doesnt do this nor would ever do this unless they were former Carolina Panthers.

Edited by Livinginthepast

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I know this thread is in jest, but the Bills should be looking at every avenue to improve on the D line

If Dareus be one of them, then so be it.

That's were I'm at as well. I can careless if they need to find the next solid DT packing bags at a grocery store like Kurt Warner. 

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I know this thread is in jest, but the Bills should be looking at every avenue to improve on the D line

If Dareus be one of them, then so be it.

I can't speak to his playing ability at this stage, but it's hard to fathom a stronger message.

Edited by 416BillsFan

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

you're right of course, but that just shows how this administration will ride their own bad ideas down to the bottom of the sea for the sake of pride.  Why not bring the guy on, vet min, short leash.  I honestly cant see him being any worse than the current crew of effete pretenders

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

you're right of course, but that just shows how this administration will ride their own bad ideas down to the bottom of the sea for the sake of pride.  Why not bring the guy on, vet min, short leash.  I honestly cant see him being any worse than the current crew of effete pretenders

McDermott is loyal to his coordinators at the expense of what is best for the team....he is his old players also as evident from raiding the panthers castoffs......Frazier is past his time and the tampon 2 is too simplistic to beat top teams in the NFL......dabol has zero run schemes that work but is a decent pass scheme coordinator.......we need to scrap the tampa 2..move edmunds to olb and run more 4-3 and nickle packages on passing downs with tighter coverage..on the opposite side of the ball we need to learn the fundamentals of run blocking and run more off tackle and outside sweeps and reverses to keep opposing dlines off balance from just collapsing the interior of our oline on run downs......

Just now, Billever76 said:

McDermott is loyal to his coordinators at the expense of what is best for the team....he is his old players also as evident from raiding the panthers castoffs......Frazier is past his time and the tampon 2 is too simplistic to beat top teams in the NFL......dabol has zero run schemes that work but is a decent pass scheme coordinator.......we need to scrap the tampa 2..move edmunds to olb and run more 4-3 and nickle packages on passing downs with tighter coverage..on the opposite side of the ball we need to learn the fundamentals of run blocking and run more off tackle and outside sweeps and reverses to keep opposing dlines off balance from just collapsing the interior of our oline on run downs......

A coach who refuses to change when something is clearly not right, is doomed to fail.  That includes players, coaches and schemes.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Has any team even brought him in for a workout?  If the answer is no, that probably gives you an idea of the shape he is in.

No.  OBD swung and missed on their DL plan this off season but pursuing MD is not the answer.

He went out with a core muscle injury last year to this day exactly.

For those wanting some Dareus clips..........................

If he could improve this putrid front we have and play a decent 1 Tech then why the hell shouldn't we bring him in? I don't care about his past. I don't care if he is a "process guy" or not. I want to see a better product on the field defensively after the weekly :censored: show we have been subjected to. 

• Like (+1) 1