Should the Bills bring in Marcel Dareus?

PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know what happened behind the scenes........but a massive, violent double team inducing DT who still somehow recently managed to shed the double and tackle the RB 4-6 times per game.........it's just hard to understand how he is just sitting there on a practice squad.

He was openly musing about retirement before the season - his heart ain’t in it anymore.  He’s played for a lot of losing teams.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Or sign Corey Liuget off the Texans' practice squad.

Thought of that too. But Snacks takes Stars spot. Allows Oliver to get back to penetration and not playing 2 gap. 

that One signing would fix BOTH DT spots. 

Who do we think is the leader on defense. I have no clue, last year Lorenzo Alexander seem to be the guy who came out and took that title. This year players seem to be doing it on threr own. It really doesn't feel like a team out there just a bunch of guys running around hoping something good happens.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

If the Lorax has stayed in shape, and he wants to come back, you get that done tomorrow morning.  Bring ToG in for a tryout, see where he is.  Bring in Leejit, Snax, whoever.  What we've got now is hot garbage.  Need to see if there's any hotter garbage on the street.  

If Lorax wants to play, sign him immediately.  No leadership on that side of the ball.  They need somebody who’s respected enough that he can hold guys accountable on that side of the ball.  The defense right now is a bunch of overpaid players just collecting Paychecks.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know what happened behind the scenes........but a massive, violent double team inducing DT who still somehow recently managed to shed the double and tackle the RB 4-6 times per game.........it's just hard to understand how he is just sitting there on a practice squad.

Out of shape.

2 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

Who do we think is the leader on defense. I have no clue, last year Lorenzo Alexander seem to be the guy who came out and took that title. This year players seem to be doing it on threr own. It really doesn't feel like a team out there just a bunch of guys running around hoping something good happens.

Agree..Hyde and Poyer have been very quiet.   And it was very unlike of  White and  Poyer to have that kind of silly personal fouls on that drive.  It really hurt us

• Like (+1) 1

Even in the last few games Dareus was with the Bills he saw double teams almost half the time.  He no longer rushed the passer but he held the point of attack.  I didn't follow him in Jax closely but in looking up some things real quick he had elbow and core abdominal muscle injury/surgery.  None of us know if he is in shape.  But he is one of the few guys that has the natural size to play the NT or 1 technique DT spot.  It takes nothing but swallowing pride to call and check to see if he is in shape and wants to play.