Should the Bills bring in Marcel Dareus?

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

On paper this makes sense.  But given his last run with the Bills, he doesn’t seem like someone they’d want to give a 2nd chance to.  Also, there has to be a reason why Marcel is still a free agent and why teams have not taken a look at him.  

Ive heard people on Twitter clamor for Snacks Harrison.  I’d be ok with that signing 

Definitely doesn’t fit the McD culture.  Accountability?   Bwahaha!

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Our defensive middle is a swinging door right now. We need a clogger. Is Dareus still a free agent?

Definitely, as the Bills have been gashed too often already, seem to really miss their huge lineman, Star and Jordan Phillips. 

He is 30 years old and can likely still be,  if motivated, a big part of a great defense.

No risk, but a big reward possible here.

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Now Bills fans realize the importance of Star Lotulelei.

The run defense with Star in the middle was trash for a long stretch in the middle of last season. From weeks 7 to 11 the Bills run defense was putrid, even giving up massive games to trash teams like the Fins and Washington. Star did improve ton end the year but he was a big part of the big lapse in run defense mid-season.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The run defense with Star in the middle was trash for a long stretch in the middle of last season. From weeks 7 to 11 the Bills run defense was putrid, even giving up massive games to trash teams like the Fins and Washington. Star did improve ton end the year but he was a big part of the big lapse in run defense mid-season.

I wasn’t referring to the run defense, I was referring to his impact on the field with tying up o-linemen and keeping the LB’s clean. So far, the Bills LB’s are getting pushed around and are out of their gaps causing bigger holes, missed tackles, etc... The Bills LB’s are very athletic, but they are physically smaller and are getting pushed out of their gaps by  the opposing O-linemen.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I wasn’t referring to the run defense, I was referring to his impact on the field with tying up o-linemen and keeping the LB’s clean. So far, the Bills LB’s are getting pushed around and are out of their gaps causing bigger holes, missed tackles, etc... The Bills LB’s are very athletic, but they are physically smaller and are getting pushed out of their gaps by  the opposing O-linemen.

From weeks 7 to 11 last season Star wasn't effective at "doing the dirty work" he was just getting pushed around. I don't know what flipped but he really turned it on to end the season when the run defense massively improved. Overall I would say that he is important but it isn't like he hasn't had stretches of bad play or mediocre play either

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

From weeks 7 to 11 last season Star wasn't effective at "doing the dirty work" he was just getting pushed around. I don't know what flipped but he really turned it on to end the season when the run defense massively improved. Overall I would say that he is important but it isn't like he hasn't had stretches of bad play or mediocre play either

I wonder if Star was playing through an injury during those weeks?

On 9/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, ColeB said:

Definitely doesn’t fit the McD culture.  Accountability?   Bwahaha!

I would guess they feel solid enough to take a few risks on final pieces. 

that said, not sure he’s a guy they would want to deal with again. Both culture and cash weighed in the decision but how bad his culture issues in the building would matter a lot. A bit lazy you can work with. Open defiance, not so much.  

On 9/28/2020 at 7:34 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Our defensive middle is a swinging door right now. We need a clogger. Is Dareus still a free agent?

So does this mean Star is missed not only by the team but by the fans ? 

You don't know what you miss till it's gone !! 

19 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Except Star did not do this.

• 3 weeks later...

I see this was beat down by several forum members.  If (I know big if) he could be coached to what he was it would help our D out tremendous and open Oliver up. He was an absolute beast until Rex ruined him, St.Doug is no savior either. 

Rather do or try something. We all know the talent was and is there still. guy is only 30 yrs old. 

9 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

I see this was beat down by several forum members.  If (I know big if) he could be coached to what he was it would help our D out tremendous and open Oliver up. He was an absolute beast until Rex ruined him, St.Doug is no savior either. 

Rather do or try something. We all know the talent was and is there still. guy is only 30 yrs old. 

Don’t you think it tells you something that its coming up on week 6 and he’s still unemployed at one of the most coveted positions?

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don’t you think it tells you something that its coming up on week 6 and he’s still unemployed at one of the most coveted positions?

Thought about it numerous times actually. Dude would be cheap and it would not hurt to talk and see his mindset and throw him on some drills either.  This talk of Zimmer being some savior just doesn't fly with me, he's flat out depth.  Dareus is still considered the best FA DT.  People do change for better or worse.  I honestly feel Rex and Doug (pt2) were both bad fits for him.  You can't deny the fact his first 4 seasons under the right coaching staff and scheme he was a top 5DT in the league as well.  

Edited by Real McNasty