NFCE Dumpster Fire

Inigo Montoya

4 hours ago, H2o said:

The Eagles stuck with the wrong QB, their defense is bad, and the OL fell apart almost seemingly overnight. 

The Redskins are in a rebuild mode and have some nice pieces on defense. I know they spent a 1st on Haskins and this is only his 2nd year, but I don't think he is the answer long term. The talent level on this roster overall is not good by any means outside of that defensive front. 

The Cowboys are still the Cowboys no matter who the coach is. They are loaded with talent everywhere, but they always underachieve. Dak, though being a solid QB, almost always shrinks on the field in the biggest of moments for them. 

The Giants? Geez, they're on the same level as their NY counterparts the Jets. It's early in Judge's coaching career, and they lost Saquon, but dang this is a bad team. I don't know what to think about Jones because they basically have nothing around him. 

The NFCE is on par with the rest of everything else we've seen in 2020, in every facet of life in general for the most part, a complete and utter :censored: show. 

The Eagles would have been better off with a QB beaten out by Minshew and Trubisky?

48 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

The Eagles would have been better off with a QB beaten out by Minshew and Trubisky?

A QB who won the SB MVP in that offensive system and was a dropped pass away from moving on to the NFC Championship in the playoffs the following year? Absolutely. Oh, and did you see who saved the game yesterday in relief of Trubisky's subpar effort, in a similar offensive system to that of Philadelphia's? 

• Like (+1) 1

My wife is a big Eagles fan and after the Bills game was over I watched the OT with her. 

I have to say, I have no idea what happened to Carson Wentz. Three years ago he was looking like the way Josh does now. After his injury he never quite looked the same, but he at least looked above average.

He has looked terrible thus far, and the Eagles are in serious cap trouble so that's likely not changing any time soon.

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

A QB who won the SB MVP in that offensive system and was a dropped pass away from moving on to the NFC Championship in the playoffs the following year? Absolutely. Oh, and did you see who saved the game yesterday in relief of Trubisky's subpar effort, in a similar offensive system to that of Philadelphia's? 

And has now been named the Bears' starter...

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Washington is actually slightly better than I thought (still not good though).

Eagles appear worse than I thought, but I still think they can turn it around a bit...and put together a 'decent' season.

I do not like Dallas, and said many times on this board they are over-rated when people had them in the top 5 in power rankings..but if things go right for them, they can be a 10 or 11 win team.

Giants?  wow, they were awful yesterday.

Time for Alex to return? 

------  Rapoport: 'Ron Rivera's patience is wearing thin on Haskins'

https://sports.yahoo.com/rapoport-ron-riveras-patience-wearing-174236251.html

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

Foles is a journeyman QB for a reason . Saving a team from losing agains the choke master Falcons isn’t exactly saying much   I’ll give him his Super Bowl run and MVP . But most of the success of the Eagles that season was with Wentz who was in the running for MVP before he got injured.  During that almost NFC championship run you speak of , Foles didn’t actually  play well.  He was saved by a Parkey double doink from exiting early .

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Barring the comeback and the negative outlook from it 

I had said as much heading into this game.   Some media talking mouths were saying that the Bills only played the Jets and Fish.  Newsflash.  Fitzmagic can be very good. 

We'll see FitzTragic again. 

The Rams beat the 1-2 Cowboys and 0-2-1 Eagles. They get the Giants next and the Washington team the following week.   Talk about a Cake Walk.  

They play all of their NFC East opponents in a row? Kind of weird.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The NFCE is clearly the worst division in football this year.  Not content to just be this year's most dysfunctional clown show, they seem determined to achieve historic levels of incompetence.  The combined records of the Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants are 2-9-1.  It bares repeating.... 2-9-1.

One of those victories came when the Redskins played the Eagles, and someone had to win, and the other win was because the Atlanta Falcons were too stupid to just fall on an onside kick.  The one tie?  Today the Eagles and their $128 million QB managed to tie the 0-2 Bengals who are rolling with a rookie QB.  Maybe I'm being too tough on the Eagles, after all, they were the only NFCE team that didn't lose Sunday.

They say one of the reasons the NFL has been so successful is because it has managed through the salary cap and other initiatives to maintain parity, and there is no better example of that than the four teams that make up the NFCE in 2020... they all suck.

Projecting over a 16 game season...that would be 11-48-5?

Over the full season, isn't that statistically impossible to stay that poor? 

Each team has to play 6 games within the division, or 24 games of which there have to be a winner or loser within the division. 

So they can't do worse than 24-35-5 - can they? 

Caveat: I did just polish off the bottle of Cab Sauv I started yesterday.  So my Maths might be scrambled.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Foles is a journeyman QB for a reason . Saving a team from losing agains the choke master Falcons isn’t exactly saying much   I’ll give him his Super Bowl run and MVP . But most of the success of the Eagles that season was with Wentz who was in the running for MVP before he got injured.  During that almost NFC championship run you speak of , Foles didn’t actually  play well.  He was saved by a Parkey double doink from exiting early .

Indeed he is a journeyman. A journeyman who has played his best football in that type of offensive system. It's still better than what Wentz is at this point and obviously better than another underachiever in Trubisky whom has found a seat on the bench now due to Foles as well. 

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

Indeed he is a journeyman. A journeyman who has played his best football in that type of offensive system. It's still better than what Wentz is at this point and obviously better than another underachiever in Trubisky whom has found a seat on the bench now due to Foles as well. 

Fair enough,  Trubisky was bad.  And Wentz hasn't looked good leading the Eagles to 0 wins this season.

18 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Fair enough,  Trubisky was bad.  And Wentz hasn't looked good leading the Eagles to 0 wins this season.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's a great option by any means. I do believe he is whom the Eagles should have kept because he just seemed to click there with that team and with Pederson as a HC. I don't know what the heck happened to Wentz. Maybe he's a product of the talent around him? Or maybe this is just who he is? Either way, that contract has left Philly with serious buyer's remorse. 

I do think the Cowboys have the talent to bounce back especially since they get to play the rest of the NFCE teams twice. I don't get Philly, though. How are they not playing much better? Maybe Washington will be the team to watch after another draft or 2.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Projecting over a 16 game season...that would be 11-48-5?

Over the full season, isn't that statistically impossible to stay that poor? 

Each team has to play 6 games within the division, or 24 games of which there have to be a winner or loser within the division. 

So they can't do worse than 24-35-5 - can they? 

Caveat: I did just polish off the bottle of Cab Sauv I started yesterday.  So my Maths might be scrambled.

Taking ties out of the equation if every team split their division games and won no other games, it’s mathematically possible for every team in a division to finish 3-13, for an overall record of 12-52. 11-48-5 seems like it would probably be mathematically possible if one of the ties was a division game.

Edited by Chandemonium