Sign in to follow this  
Miyagi-Do Karate

Josh gets no protection from the refs

I just re-watched the around the 8 minute mark of the 4th quarter. I can see why Josh flipped out at the ump and got the unsportsmanlike penalty. This is the sequence of events:

1) Donald sacks Josh, and literally swings and body slams him down onto his face. It clearly should have been called unnecessary roughness. Josh looked up to the ref in shock over it. No flag. 

2) two plays later, Josh escapes the pocket and completed a great throw to Diggs on the run. Kizer hits Josh right in the helmet after the release. Should have been a penalty.

3) two plays later, Donald gets his strip sack. This was no horse collar. Donald grabbed his helmet/neck area and swung him down. Last I checked, you can’t grab the QB’s helmet. 

there were some other head shots or attempted head shots today on JA. I don’t know if it was just this ref or what, but somebody from the Bills needs to make some major complaints to the league. We can’t have JA taking these unnecessary shots that are completely illegal. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Donald didn't grab the helmet.

I'm all for calling out the refs, and they particularly sucked in this game, but it gets weird when people make stuff up.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

4. Josh got the PI call. 

I am good.  Thank You.

It was a good call at a good time 😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Yeah, saw the Donald  strip sack. He definitely had his helmet.

I remember having issues with this ref crew in the past. They suck.

I appreciate some crews, like the one that officiated the Pack/Saints game tonight.

Hes getting treated like Cam Newton does.  Since hes a big strong QB hes less likely to get calls where hes roughed up.  I mean HE got a friggin personal foul called on him while defensive lineman are trying to take him down.  I kinda like it to be honest.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just re-watched the around the 8 minute mark of the 4th quarter. I can see why Josh flipped out at the ump and got the unsportsmanlike penalty. This is the sequence of events:

1) Donald sacks Josh, and literally swings and body slams him down onto his face. It clearly should have been called unnecessary roughness. Josh looked up to the ref in shock over it. No flag. 

2) two plays later, Josh escapes the pocket and completed a great throw to Diggs on the run. Kizer hits Josh right in the helmet after the release. Should have been a penalty.

3) two plays later, Donald gets his strip sack. This was no horse collar. Donald grabbed his helmet/neck area and swung him down. Last I checked, you can’t grab the QB’s helmet. 

there were some other head shots or attempted head shots today on JA. I don’t know if it was just this ref or what, but somebody from the Bills needs to make some major complaints to the league. We can’t have JA taking these unnecessary shots that are completely illegal. 

Rewatching the game now.  

1-  Donald’s first sack wasn’t worthy of a penalty.  Josh allen looks to be the hardest player in the league to tackle. If donald didn’t throw josh down in that fashion, he probably wouldn’t have been sacked.

2-  nearly Impossible to tell if Kizer hit him on the helmet.  First view looks like he may have.  2nd view didn’t show much of anything. The all 22 may show more.

3-  one view looked like he had his hand either on his face mask or under his face mask.  The other 2 views didn’t any evidence of a face mask, just a horse collar, which is somehow legal.

conclusion-  after rewatching the tv telecast and the replays that it showed, none of your 3 complaints can be confirmed imo. 

wait for the all 22- 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Skeptical 1

McBean need to make sure this crew never refs another Bills game.... officiating was horribly one sided in the second half of the game including that BS interception.

Edited by North Buffalo

23 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think all teams have the ability to request clarification of various calls or non-calls from the league office, and the league is supposed to issue guidance to the refs.

Hopefully after they watch the film tomorrow the Bills will have a list.

Yes, Josh will get fewer calls in some ways but there is no reason to allow a defender to spike him like a football.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

4. Josh got the PI call. 

I am good.  Thank You.

I'm glad we got that call but I'd still like fewer head injuries for Josh I get the feeling we're going to need him for a few games down the stretch.

Josh, Cam, and other running QB's with some size are really hard to officiate.  Last week Allen had a play blown dead three yards before he went down (and fumbled).  He did a spin move to avoid a tackle today.  Josh makes tons of escapes and makes contact with his hands to the defenders all the time.  He rarely slides.  It's a tough situation for the officials.  I think they have missed a handful of shots to his head last year and this year.  Most were glancing blows but still should have been called.  

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s got Cam Newton syndrome cause he’s essentially a defensive end playing qb refs overlook things like attempted murder which it looked like today 

Shaquille O'Neal syndrome even before that.  

• Like (+1) 1

I never watch the ALL-22 but he sure does take shots. Up 28-3 he ended up taking a lot of shots he didn’t need to take. 

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Rewatching the game now.  

1-  Donald’s first sack wasn’t worthy of a penalty.  Josh allen looks to be the hardest player in the league to tackle. If donald didn’t throw josh down in that fashion, he probably wouldn’t have been sacked.

2-  nearly Impossible to tell if Kizer hit him on the helmet.  First view looks like he may have.  2nd view didn’t show much of anything. The all 22 may show more.

3-  one view looked like he had his hand either on his face mask or under his face mask.  The other 2 views didn’t any evidence of a face mask, just a horse collar, which is somehow legal.

conclusion-  after rewatching the tv telecast and the replays that it showed, none of your 3 complaints can be confirmed imo. 

wait for the all 22- 

that first sack is a penalty on any other QB in the league, even Big Ben. You can’t body slam a guy down, just because he is sometimes hard to bring down. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that first sack is a penalty on any other QB in the league, even Big Ben. You can’t body slam a guy down, just because he is sometimes hard to bring down. 

We agree to disagree.  There was no way for him to sack him other than the way he did.  It wasn’t unnecessary roughness.  It was 💯 necessary roughness

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

We got through Aaron Donald with all of Josh's body parts still intact. And we got the win.

Let's count our blessings, and work on improving the OL. The judgement of officials should never be allowed to decide games.

You want to see a cheap shot on a QB?

Watson gets wasted by TJ Watt well after the throw and it didn't draw a flag.