Manish Mehta: I was wrong about Josh Allen (article)

BillsFan4

Drafting a Franchise QB is no easy task.

If I recall my own prediction for that Draft year, it was:

Darnold, the other Josh 😂, Allen, Mayfield and farrrr down, like everyone else- Jackson and Rudolph.

Today, Jackson is well out in front, with Allen closing fast. Mayfield is questionable and the others are negligible.

You don’t always luck out with a Luck or Mahomes or now...Burrow! The Bills were wise to slow play Josh, in building up his strengths. He’s still learning to develop them and avoid his gaffes.

NO easy task!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cian Fahey.jpg

"With a mere 71% completion percentage and 9.1 yards per attempt, Allen still lacks the accuracy of a refined pocket passer and refuses to take what defenses give him. Shotgun accuracy and poor decision making are the hallmarks of his game."

Whenever you want to send me your check, Cian, let me know.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Why do you read articles about your favorite football team?  I don’t think anyone takes what they as gospel.  We enjoy reading about what people say about our QB.  Billions of people across the world do the same exact thing.  

when the writer says some wrong, they either take it to their grave or admit they were wrong.  What exactly do you have a problem with here?  Do you think that people that read these articles actually believe everything the writer says?  You say, why do we “listen to all these hacks?”.....why do we read articles about our favorite team?  

Does not compute

It really doesn't compute why it's not necessary to read every article about our team regardless of who writes it. The fact is some people get really upset about what is written and it would save a lot of anquish if you just read credible writers, not just any joe blow that is allowed to post online.

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It really doesn't compute why it's not necessary to read every article about our team regardless of who writes it. The fact is some people get really upset about what is written and it would save a lot of anquish if you just read credible writers, not just any joe blow that is allowed to post online.

apply this to yourself 

You would save yourself a lot of anguish if you If you just read credible writers, instead of just any joe blow poster that is allowed to post on this message board.  Why worry about what others are reading and why would you let it bother you?  The irony 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

Why do you listen to all those hacks in the first place? They are no more qualified to talk football than most of us here. The need to earn their credibility before I bother with them.

I've never agreed with them but If you youtube Josh or the Bills that's a lot of the coverage that's out there. It'll be nice to be able to hear non biased accounts on the Bills. It also means more coverage. You can choose to listen or not that's your choice 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

apply this to yourself 

You would save yourself a lot of anguish if you If you just read credible writers, instead of just any joe blow poster that is allowed to post on this message board.  Why worry about what others are reading and why would you let it bother you?  The irony 

me commenting on this subject doesn't mean I worry about it.  It was late last night, football was over for the day and I was still flying over the game. Needed an outlet.

16 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I dunno, I think there are reasons to doubt almost any player drafted into the NFL. Not many are slam dunks. Allen was most definitely raw. The early negative narrative on Allen shows the lemming nature of social media these days more than true player analysis.

That's what sells....ESPN,