Manish Mehta: I was wrong about Josh Allen (article)

BillsFan4

Why should we care that people were admitting they were wrong. No valid reason in the first place to doubt him. He has just barely played in 2 full seasons now, hardly time to judge, and he helped us get to the playoffs in his first full year. I'm getting a kick out of this idiots admitting they were wrong when nobody should have paid attention to them in the first place.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why should we care that people were admitting they were wrong. No valid reason in the first place to doubt him. He has just barely played in 2 full seasons now, hardly time to judge, and he helped us get to the playoffs in his first full year. I'm getting a kick out of this idiots admitting they were wrong when nobody should have paid attention to them in the first place.

Because it means that when you turn on sports tv you wont have to suffer through all the what about comments. It'll be good to be able to watch our highlights without commentators trying to keep a false narrative going. 

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Because it means that when you turn on sports tv you wont have to suffer through all the what about comments. It'll be good to be able to watch our highlights without commentators trying to keep a false narrative going. 

Why do you listen to all those hacks in the first place? They are no more qualified to talk football than most of us here. The need to earn their credibility before I bother with them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Oh.,.,those will come as soon as Josh has a bad game...If they don't win today.  they will all be crucifying him for the phantom INT and the Donald forced fumble.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why do you listen to all those hacks in the first place? They are no more qualified to talk football than most of us here. The need to earn their credibility before I bother with them.

Totally agree. They're just part of the entertainment community around the NFL. 

I think some of these guys have earned credibility with some people, but I haven't paid attention to them enough to understand why.

I'm really only interested in the objective observations and game analysis.

Or people writing for humor.

I'll listen to Peyton Manning's analysis all day.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-josh-allen-20200925-wohah2rawratre2pmlepgbj3fm-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true
‘Josh Allen, Sam Darnold going in opposite directions; Bills quarterback is turning into star’

That was from Friday morning, not a response to this third game.

This isn't so much of an apology as it is an indictment of the Jets.  He didn't wrote this for you, he wrote this for angry Jet fans. All of the plaudits he gave the organization from Beane to McDermott could easily be read as see what the Jets could have done but didn't. The Bills hired the right people who got Allen help while the Jets hired the wrong people who didn't get Darnold help.

Not that it matters, but this is more Mehta trolling the Jets.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Why do you read articles about your favorite football team?  I don’t think anyone takes what they as gospel.  We enjoy reading about what people say about our QB.  Billions of people across the world do the same exact thing.  

when the writer says some wrong, they either take it to their grave or admit they were wrong.  What exactly do you have a problem with here?  Do you think that people that read these articles actually believe everything the writer says?  You say, why do we “listen to all these hacks?”.....why do we read articles about our favorite team?  

Does not compute

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This isn't so much of an apology as it is an indictment of the Jets.  He didn't wrote this for you, he wrote this for angry Jet fans. All of the plaudits he gave the organization from Beane to McDermott could easily be read as see what the Jets could have done but didn't. The Bills hired the right people who got Allen help while the Jets hired the wrong people who didn't get Darnold help.

Not that it matters, but this is more Mehta trolling the Jets.

Totally agree.  It was obvious that he was ripping the Jests organization without mentioning them by name -- and the play of the two teams and their two QBs on Sunday added more ammo to his arsenal.   The Jests play the QB-less Broncos on Thursday night.  Gase may be unemployed by midday Friday.

Edited by SoTier

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Totally agree.  It was obvious that he was ripping the Jests organization without mentioning them by name -- and the play of the two teams and their two QBs on Sunday added more ammo to his arsenal.   The Jests play the QB-less Broncos on Thursday night.  Gase may be unemployed by midday Friday.

I bet the NFL Network wishes they could show a replay of a game, any game, from this past weekend instead---their ratings would be higher.

• Haha (+1) 1

The biggest factor in Josh’s development does not have anything to do with Jordan Palmer, Dabol, McDermott, Beane, the receivers, or the oline.  The biggest factor is that he somehow survived, through his own greatness, when he was thrown completely to the wolves his rookie year.  Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones as your 1 and 2? Your starting veteran QB is Nate Peterman? The organization was completely irresponsible in the way it treated Josh coming into the league. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Awesome! (+1) 1