Michael Vick working doggedly

Beerball

Sorry, I can’t click. WHY does Fox have him signed? He offers NOTHING but a few awkward moments for Cowherd trying to get a coherent point.  He spoon feeds him, and gets little in return. 

This may be a combination of his history and his lack of substantive contribution, but I struggle with his minutes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Um, Florida automatically restores voting rights to most convicted felons after they complete their sentence.  The only ones that need to go through an application process to restore them are those convicted of homicide or sexual offenses.

41 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Um, Florida automatically restores voting rights to most convicted felons after they complete their sentence.  The only ones that need to go through an application process to restore them are those convicted of homicide or sexual offenses.

Are you telling me that Vick had sex with those dogs before he killed them?!?!?

Felony charges

Arson

Burglary

Tax evasion

Various forms of fraud

Obstruction of justice

Forgery

Threatening an official (police officer, judge) 

The manufacture, sale, distribution, or possession with intent to distribute of certain types or quantities of illegal drugs

In some states, the simple possession (possession without intent to distribute, e.g., for personal use) of certain types of illegal drugs

Ever lied to a cop?

Ever signed a relative or spouses signature? 

wanted to tell a judge you wanted to kick his ass? 

More than half the country is a felon for possession without intent to distribute pot

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Felony charges

Arson

Intentionally setting fire with the intent to destroy property, or injure or kill another being a "surprising" felony is an early candidate for take of the week.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Intentionally setting fire with the intent to destroy property, or injure or kill another being a "surprising" felony is an early candidate for take of the week.

I was referring to setting a lunch bag of poop on fire ....   sorry 

Yes, some are serious charges, some are questionalble.

Based on the list I posted ....  I'm a felon many times over.  

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was referring to setting a lunch bag of poop on fire ....   sorry 

Yes, some are serious charges, some are questionalble.

Based on the list I posted ....  I'm a felon many times over.  

All good bro, just adding some levity.

However, there are several marked differences between committing felonies and being a convicted felon and it's not just "oops some got caught some didn't."  As someone with limited interactions with the criminal justice system I wouldn't expect you to know most of them.

As to signing for a spouse, forgery requires intent to defraud so simply affixing your spouse's name to an official document does not a felony make.  I've told a judge he needs to have his ass kicked...but in a bar and not in his official capacity as an officer of the court.  In general, providing false information to a law enforcement officer is a misdemeanor but is also heavily situation dependent and typically tough to prosecute. 

In other words: in general, people who are convicted felons are convicted felons for several very good reasons.  Not just because they did one dumb thing one time or because campus security found some weed under their dorm room bed.  Criminal possession of a forged instrument in the 2nd degree is a D felony in NYS, but you won't find a 20 year old kid behind bars for trying to buy some beer with his fake ID at the corner store.  Etc. Etc.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Aren't they still felons?

One wouldn't be an ex-felon unless one's conviction was overturned, no?

Depends on the definition of "Felon."

As far as I'm aware, a felon is one who has committed a felony, not one who is currently serving time for being found guilty of a felony.

So yes, I agree with your take here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If they served their sentence, why not?

Isn't that the point to the sentence anyway, as their punishment for doing something wrong?

Why should you lose your right to vote for an elected leader?

Depending on the crime, i would understand losing your right to own a purchase/carry/own a gun, but vote in an election?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Some people would be surprised what consists of a felony.  

that being said ...  I'm not getting into the politics of this.  

Yep. If you order seafood that was caught in violation of that countries laws, you commit a felony. Makes those trips to Red Lobster touch n go.

You have guitar made with some rare African hardwoods, you commit a felony.

This list goes on and on.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, Gugny said:

Aren't they still felons?

One wouldn't be an ex-felon unless one's conviction was overturned, no?

ex-felon is a convicted felon who has served his or her sentence. According to my google home, hehe

Sounds past tense like an ex wife. I suppose its a way to distinguish between someone who has payed their debt to society vs a felon who has not IMO.

I nice way to say convicted felon that might make some people overlook the messenger to concentrate more on his message perhaps. 

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

ex-felon is a convicted felon who has served his or her sentence. According to my google home, hehe

Sounds past tense like an ex wife. I suppose its a way to distinguish between someone who has payed their debt to society vs a felon who has not IMO.

I nice way to say convicted felon that might make some people overlook the messenger to concentrate more on his message perhaps. 

I would call that person an ex-con.  No longer a convict after getting out of prison, but always a felon.

• Like (+1) 2