Josh Allen makes history

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't have a narrative on Allen. You have a narrative on what I think about Allen. I think darn freaking well is very high praise. 

I didn't like Josh at the draft but I have been properly critical of Josh Allen precisely one game since he became a Bill.

Every time I post something positive about him you read it as me not being positive enough because you are the one with the narrative about what I think of him. Josh is an MVP candidate through three games he has been brilliant. I don't know how many ways I am supposed to say that but when I say "darn freaking well" I think that is what most people read. 

Remember when I told you Allen would have better numbers across the board than your 'clear-top-5-QB- in the league' Deshaun Watson this year? I think you said there was no chance of that happening. 

You are wrong, a lot, about this stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Remember when I told you Allen would have better numbers across the board than your 'clear-top-5-QB- in the league' Deshaun Watson this year? I think you said there was no chance of that happening. 

You are wrong, a lot, about this stuff.

I do remember that. It wasn't part of a narrative. I wasn't saying Josh was crap. All offseason I have being saying I am optimistic about where Josh is headed. Being wrong and having a narrative are different. It looks very much like you will be right about that. Shoulda taken the $50 charity bet. 

This idea that I have a narrative or am some how invested in Allen failing is all in your head. I actually refused to bet serious money on that bet precisely because what I thought would happen was not what I wanted to happen. I am as excited as anyone about how Josh is playing and I have never since the moment he stepped on a field with the Bills given anything but my objective opinion about how he has played. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I do remember that. It wasn't part of a narrative. I wasn't saying Josh was crap. All offseason I have being saying I am optimistic about where Josh is headed. Being wrong and having a narrative are different. It looks very much like you will be right about that. Shoulda taken the $50 charity bet. 

This idea that I have a narrative or am some how invested in Allen failing is all in your head. I actually refused to bet serious money on that bet precisely because what I thought would happen was not what I wanted to happen. I am as excited as anyone about how Josh is playing and I have never since the moment he stepped on a field with the Bills given anything but my objective opinion about how he has played. 

You certainly don't need me to defend you but I will.  You were very vocal when Josh was drafted that you thought it was a critical mistake by Beane that would doom his and McDermott's fate.  Since that time, however, you have been nothing but even-handed in your assessment of Allen's play and if I only read your posts over the past two seasons I would not believe you would have made as strong a statement after the draft as you did.  You are a fine example of what it means to express a strong opinion but then be open-minded and willing to adapt and adjust as you see the situation evolve.  There's no agenda or "narrative" that I can see.

16 hours ago, CLTbills said:

The reason I love Josh Allen is because this is all he cares about. The TEAM is 3-0. Even though he's playing lights out, he doesn't care about personal stats and records. He cares about the team.

You can ask Josh Allen...stats are for losers!

there are no medals on these forums to be pinned on chests

there are no heroes on these forums because one "got it right"

because typically

for each time one gets it right, they were wrong about 2 other things

for each time a person says "I told you so" it starts an arguement

Try saying just "hey i made the right call last week or year. This is going to be a fun week\year and move on.

many were right... many were wrong about things.. who cares move on.