Josh Allen makes history

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I....am so happy. I’m 36....ain’t felt this way since I was a kid. 

You and me both bud. Now all I need is some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures and cartoons on Saturday morning .

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This is a Big Deal!

He has been so good,  I think we're desensitized to it.

The Football Gods blessed us for acting like we were a 10+ win team , when we'd go 6-10 every year, for 17 years.

Josh Allen is our reward.

Thank you Football Gods

10 touchdowns in three games is a big deal. Attaching historical significance to it is not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

I'm sure their employer would track their social media engagement.

I am not aware of employers paying bonuses for social media engagement. I do understand that for many years part of their job now. Still not the same. Getting paid to tweet is not the same as getting paid for that tweet.

42 minutes ago, wjag said:

Might very well be true, but it just seems like we are making up stats accolades these days. So here is mine. Josh Allen is the first QB in NFL history to get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty, and a face mask penalty and still engineer a fourth quarter comeback.   

Reminds me of some of the stupid MLB stats. 

Joe Blow is the 1st player ever with 100 hits, 75 rbi, 80 runs, 20 stolen bases and 40 walks. 

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I saw Josh at Chick-fil-A on Thursday and told him how much I appreciated his effort and dedication to the city.  He told me to go ***** yourself and knocked the pop out of my hands.

HE DID THAT TO ME TWO WEEKS AGO!!!

So Josh Allen is also the first NFL QB to tell a fan to go ***** themselves and knock the pop out their hand in consecutive weeks!

RAKING UP THE ACCOLADES!  

Anyone in Vegas next week that wants to say hi to josh?

Edited by The Wiz

25 minutes ago, SDS said:

10 touchdowns in three games is a big deal. Attaching historical significance to it is not.

Even though he is the first QB in history with a mustache that has no middle? He's the opposite of Hitler, who although a terrible guy, was undeniably a historical figure.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Might very well be true, but it just seems like we are making up stats accolades these days. So here is mine. Josh Allen is the first QB in NFL history to get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty, and a face mask penalty and still engineer a fourth quarter comeback.   

It's partly because the NFL has never seen QB's that have the potential to both throw for 40+TD's and run for 10+ until the last couple years. Guys like Murray, Jackson and Allen might not set the passing TD record. But I could see one of them setting the total TD record for a QB in the coming years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

This is kind of dumb. Patrick Mahomes had 13 touchdowns in three games two years ago and 10 touchdowns in three games last year. The only kicker here is that two of them weren’t rushing. Seems really silly.

Silly or not I think it will gain more relevance as the years go on. With guys like Jackson, Allen and Murray I expect this record to change hands a few times in the coming years. And the total TD record through three games that Wilson set today could very well be matched or bettered by one three I mentioned in the next few years by some sort of combination of passing and rushing TD's.