Unpopular take here...Tre is playing very meh

Hebert19

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I love White as a person but I would rather spend that money on a DT,DE,OT, WR, OLB. I think I saw White covering Everett today 3 times when he should've been glued to Woods or Kupp. I'm not a big fan of giving the CB position that kind of money, I would rather draft, develop and trade or franchise at that position. 

I have to disagree. I think CB is a crucial position as well as 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.

I disagree with this take emphatically. The problem is with the DL. I'm rewatching for the 2nd time, and I am no expert, but the line, mainly the tackles are getting manhandled. The lack of a pass rush is going to expose any CB. In this particular game, Goff is the absolute worst QB in football against pressure and the Bills got none, when that happens the Rams offense is going to pick any defense apart because it's designed well. They need to get to the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tre'Davious White

yeah white is playing meh....   jfc some people need to get a grip. Can he play better, sure can the entire defense Yes...

Though two weeks ....
▪️80 Coverage Snaps
▪️4 Receptions
▪️37 Yards
▪️1 TD

Jalen Ramsey

▪️89 Coverage Snaps
▪️8 Receptions
▪️81 Yards
▪️0 TDs

Who's the better CB?

3 minutes ago, gordong said:

Tre'Davious White

yeah white is playing meh....   jfc some people need to get a grip. Can he play better, sure can the entire defense Yes...

Though two weeks ....
▪️80 Coverage Snaps
▪️4 Receptions
▪️37 Yards
▪️1 TD

Jalen Ramsey

▪️89 Coverage Snaps
▪️8 Receptions
▪️81 Yards
▪️0 TDs

Who's the better CB?

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone can say he's playing "meh" because it's just objectively incorrect. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I disagree. Tre is playing a great. You expect him to never give up a reception? That's just not possible. 90% of the game the opposing QB isn't even considering throwing in his direction. That means he is doing his job.

He got turned around on that one deep ball against the Dolphins (which should have been incomplete anyways because the receiver dropped it when he landed), and other than that what are we talking about? A short pass to the end zone against a giant TE? Stopping the run? Are we going to knock out elite lockdown corner for not stuffing runs? That's not his job.

Tre is great.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

The entire D is playing very "meh".  It almost seems like they are confident the offense will bail them out....The D-Line was nowhere today.

I think that it has become a more conservative style. They’ve always been “bend but don’t break.” With an offense that scores 35 a week the defense has evolved into a unit trying not to give up 75 yard plays and make teams drive 16 plays. It hasn’t been pretty but playing with the lead is different I guess.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, gordong said:

Tre'Davious White

Though two weeks ....
80 Coverage Snaps
4 Receptions
37 Yards
1 TD

Jalen Ramsey

89 Coverage Snaps
8 Receptions
81 Yards
0 TDs

Who's the better CB?

Jalen Ramsey had 1 TD against him yesterday if those #'s were prior to 3PM yesterday. 

I was just about to ask How many yards allowed and how many TD'd allowed :thumbsup:

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

10 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

he's already been burned more this year than last...and his run support and tackling has been non existent.  

A couple times today he actually looked like he avoided contact.  

Thoughts?   

TBH every top CB is being burned this season...

I wanted to give the Defense another week before sounding the alarm bells, and see if they could find a way to right the ship.

Yesterday was a HUGE disappointment to me.  Their inability to stop anything (run or pass) was pathetic, and almost led to the most epic Bills collapse in the last 20 years.  Which is really saying something.  As excited as I should be about the win, I'm actually pretty depressed with how this unit is performing. 

There seem to be multiple reasons people believe they are struggling.  Injuries.  Personnel changes.  Lack of crowds.  Honestly, I don't care what the excuse is.  The coaching staff needs to get this fixed.  ASAP.  We were one-dimensional last year.  It forced us to scrape out every victory by the seat of our pants, and ultimately led to an early exit from the playoffs.  We started 3-0 last year too.  If we want better results in 2020, then we need to be playing well on both sides of the ball.

25 minutes ago, DrDare said:

who was covering Kupp? looked like no one to me

We had real problems covering stack formations in the second half where they would stack Kupp and Woods at the line and then run them under and over one another. The Rams ran variants of that play 4 or 5 times with good success. Taron Johnson really struggled with it but Tre got caught a couple of times as well.

The Bills actually played a good game on defense first half. Yes the Rams moved it but the Bills restricted them to drives that ate clock and prevented big plays. They gave up too many 15 yard plus plays in the second half.

10 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

I'm with you and totally agree. All that we can do is look at what is different. 

No Lorax?

No Phillips?

No Shaq?

No Star?

No Crowd?

We are getting destroyed right know up the gut. Edmunds is totally hit or miss in run support. From above all I can see is the leadership in Lorax missing, Star hurt and lack of Crowd. 

Star is overrated. Teams were destroying us up the middle last year too. Shaq and Lorax were our best run defenders and I think the lack of a Phillips with Oliver hurts. Either way it's mostly a subpar CB2 and White being exposed that's killing us. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, vincec said:

He is struggling. The whole defense is.

They all looked extremely winded in the 2nd half today. They possibly may have all been good at working out in the gym on their own this COVID year, but they obviously need more aerobic conditioning. It falls directly on the trainers and coaches to make sure they are in top aerobic condition due to the shortened preseason and TC. They have failed to do so.

Edited by simpleman

He did not have a good game yesterday, bit on some run fakes etc.  The whole D was garbage yesterday, but McVay can do that to you to an extent.  They figured out the LBs wouldn’t hold assignment and just pummeled the Bills, forced CBS to come up and then faked to go behind them.  Good scheme, all set up by lack of discipline.