Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

I confess, I don't know the Raiders all that well because they've been so middle of the pack recently. Is there a reason why they are expected to do so well after going 11-21 in the last two years and not making any huge acquisitions that I can see.

Yes, I saw they beat the Saints, but the Saints are looking surprisingly vulnerable.

I don't want to get cocky, I just want to know the real areas for concern

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I confess, I don't know the Raiders all that well because they've been so middle of the pack recently. Is there a reason why they are expected to do so well after going 11-21 in the last two years and not making any huge acquisitions that I can see.

Yes, I saw they beat the Saints, but the Saints are looking surprisingly vulnerable.

I don't want to get cocky, I just want to know the real areas for concern

On offense: Jacobs and Waller are both legit and we've had issues stopping TEs and the run.  Ruggs changes the game when he's in there regardless of whether he's catching passes, as we saw against the Saints.  Carr played well the first two games (haven't watched any Raiders-Pats*** yet).

On defense - ehhhh highly suspect.

Ftr I'm not "concerned" about this game.

14 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Best believe they’ll try to run Jacobs down our throats after what we showed today. I’m shocked that Star meant that much to our run D. Where are the DTs up front? 

After what Vegas showed yesterday I believe we will try to run it down their throats.  Raiders gave up 250 yards on the ground.  Watching the recap, Raiders can't tackle at all and they had major ball security issues with Carr losing 2 fumbles, one of which resulted in a TD, and Jacobs losing one as well.

Aren't the Raiders being investigated for breaking Covid protocols in week 2. That is in addition to the Gruden, no mask fine. Basically they allowed a non- badged person into the locker room. NFL Covid rules mandate that teams can only have 40 badged employees allowed at the teams facilities. The raiders have at least one more who is around and not being tested etc. 

Curious on when that will be done and what the league will do with it. I actually would not be surprised if they suspended Gruden for a game. They already fined him 100k (he is appealing) and the team $250k. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Aren't the Raiders being investigated for breaking Covid protocols in week 2. That is in addition to the Gruden, no mask fine. Basically they allowed a non- badged person into the locker room. NFL Covid rules mandate that teams can only have 40 badged employees allowed at the teams facilities. The raiders have at least one more who is around and not being tested etc. 

Curious on when that will be done and what the league will do with it. I actually would not be surprised if they suspended Gruden for a game. They already fined him 100k (he is appealing) and the team $250k. 

Forfeit week 4.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

The Titans defense isn't anything to write home about either. If I'm not mistaken, I think AJ Brown could possibly miss that game. But after what the Rams did yesterday on the ground, Derrick Henry will be a massive problem for this defense

A big part of the issue with our run defense yesterday is that the Rams use motion and misdirection on almost every play.  There's an ever present threat of an end around or sweep which must be accounted for.  So far, the Rams have confused all of their opponents but our young linebackers, particularly Edmunds, have been often fooled by misdirection plays and prone to over pursuit.  

I haven't watched much Tennessee but I do not recall that to be a big part of their offense.  

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/09/17/sean-mcvay-is-back-on-his-bull/

• Like (+1) 1