Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bills need to pile up a win here and get to 4-0. Vegas isn't a bad team, they should be in playoff contention on the fringes but the Bills need to in my opinion pile up this win to go 4-0 into a tough stretch of games. After the Raiders they play a hard out in the Titans, a Super Bowl favorite in the Chiefs, a gimmie against the Jets and then the Pats and Seahawks two very good teams. Ideally I would like to see the Bills get to 5-0 and then go 2-2 at a minimum (beat the Jets and then one of those other three preferably the Pats) in that next really tough 4 games to get to 7-2. Then the schedule does ease up where they have two winnable games against the Cardinals and Chargers where they could beef back up to 9-2 going into the final 5 games where they have 2 "gimmie" games against the Broncos and Fins and a tough but doable stretch of games against the Steelers, Pats and 49ers. Ideally if they can go 3-2 in that final 5 games they could get to 12 wins which should set them up to win the division. 

Overall it is such a huge game to get fat on this early schedule and beat a respectable but not so great team in the Raiders.

Derek carr is still a question mark and the Raiders defense is a mess

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

3 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Patriots were literally double teaming his check down options and thats why they sucked last Sunday

I think the double-coverage on the check down may be overstated a bit. I know there was a play heavily circulated on Twitter showing this concept, but really it was an initial look that changed quickly. The Pats* showed Carr's check down double covered by a safety, and LB, but as soon as Carr looked off the check down, the safety was rushing around the LT, which pressured Carr to step up and by then the play was blown. That's a pretty complex scheme, and to be sure, the Pats* D is executing a lot better than ours at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Rich Eisen had a segment this week where he was discussing the 3-0 teams and how many of them had some lucky bounces (he wasn't saying they were 3-0 because of luck...but just that seasons go like that with lucky bounces here and there).  He mentioned some things about the Bills like the PI call last week (which I don't think was luck per se).  But it did get me thinking, what if some Raiders DO get suspended/benched for Sunday, then the Titans are playing us on a short week with very little recent practice...it's kind of crazy how things are setting up for the Bills for once.

Could you just imagine if the Bills and Chiefs can win their next two games and that sets up 5-0 KC vs 5-0 BUF. Obviously its one game at time and the focus is on Vegas but if 5-0 vs 5-0 happens with Allen and Mahomes then what huge a game in Buffalo. Just bummed that 72,000 couldn't be there for it. FOX would be loving it though as TV ratings around the country would be strong for this one.

Edited by Greg S

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Cardinals and Chargers are not easy games either - Cardinals’ offense is solid and the Chargers’ D is excellent.

Chargers are losing D starters like it's going out of style.  I guess they could be healthier later in the season but they just lost to the crappy Panthers (sans McCaffrey), for crying out loud.

8 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Why have rules? 

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

Didn't say I agree with it ,but they will not do anything. At least this week

I'm assuming they will get fined. I doubt suspensions are in the cards.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

This is really good news for Josh Norman.  The thought of him trying to cover Ruggs on a deep route is absolutely terrifying.

Well, Ruggs is most likely out for this game due to injury. So, might not have to worry about it. 

3 hours ago, scribo said:

Bench Carr and the others for this week. Don't let them in the facility.

Start Nathan Peterman.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Peterman was at the event too.

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e6de2a0d496b64c0640ce23b2900fd17.jpg.b271908dc50a3d5c7b80ff6d783a373c.jpg.f4f172093e19ccdfaa09b42128946d50.jpg.097be60e9f8b5ffd07ad320b390035c3.jpg

The Raiders persona

Ignores the Corona

To them social distance seems odd

But if Carr is sent off

With a fever and cough

Their backup's protected by God

Peterman

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Cardinals and Chargers are not easy games either - Cardinals’ offense is solid and the Chargers’ D is excellent.

I think the matchups are favorable to the Bills. Cards weak oline will favor the defense and the offense can wear down the mid-level defense. The Chargers aren't impressing me, they remind me of the 2018 Bills, good defense hung out to dry by a bad offense.