Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Why? They get tested daily. 

Apparently we are not allowed to discuss specifics of how COVID works, but in short, the incubation period is such that daily testing is not enough in this case. If Carr is around teammates today, that's potential exposure that wouldn't be detected on a test until next Monday.

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I think I would be too but a caller brought it up on WGR and Brown didn't think it was crazy

Well Brown is also losing his mind right now... I had to turn down my volume because everyone at my office looked over wondering who keeps screaming.

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Well Brown is also losing his mind right now... I had to turn down my volume because everyone at my office looked over wondering who keeps screaming.

Something to look forward to when I listen tonight.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They get paid lots of money and chose to do this. I have no choice and have been going to work the whole time this is going on... I don't make nearly as much as them. Play the game... Simple.

My job didn't get shut down when a few people got Covid... Actually the company chose to not say anything and people had to find out through word of mouth.

You should be allowed to sue the ***** out of your job for that. That puts you in danger and any clients/customers. You don't necessarily have to shut a place down but you should inform and test your employees. 

35 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

'The Vegas Wind'

The Vegas Wind is a pirate
Blustering from the Mojave Desert you see,
With a sickening song, he spreads droplets along,
Swaggering carelessly.
His face is unmasked, weather beaten.
He swears, is rude and is brash,
With a tinfoil hat on his head,
And a bristling defiant panache.

He shrugs as he roams the country,
A footballer big and bold.
And other teams all shake and quiver and quake,
As he imperils his foes, new and old.

The Vegas Wind is a Raider,
Defying protocol just for fun.
He'll mock the league rules, act as if he's just won
And laugh when you test positive son.

I heard John Facenda’s baritone the entire time I read that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Better to take the forfeit and go 3-1.  Is 4-0 worth it if half your team dies?

If anyone should be forced to forfeit then it should be the Raiders. They ****ed up not the Bills. The game will be played though unless their are positive tests between now and Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chris Brown might get suspended again after that explosion. Wow!

Nah!  Passion in reality TV is not a bad thing.  It does put the league in a difficult spot.  The league made a very public strong stand about fighting COVID-19, and has very strict protocols.  A slap on the wrist penalty (a fine) for the players in Oakland who violated league protocol will undermine the credibility of the league, but at the same time, they would love to have a competitive game between the Raiders and Bills.  I think the league will have to make a choice.  If they want the protocols to be taken seriously, they have to suspend/quarantine the players involved.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bills need to pile up a win here and get to 4-0. Vegas isn't a bad team, they should be in playoff contention on the fringes but the Bills need to in my opinion pile up this win to go 4-0 into a tough stretch of games. After the Raiders they play a hard out in the Titans, a Super Bowl favorite in the Chiefs, a gimmie against the Jets and then the Pats and Seahawks two very good teams. Ideally I would like to see the Bills get to 5-0 and then go 2-2 at a minimum (beat the Jets and then one of those other three preferably the Pats) in that next really tough 4 games to get to 7-2. Then the schedule does ease up where they have two winnable games against the Cardinals and Chargers where they could beef back up to 9-2 going into the final 5 games where they have 2 "gimmie" games against the Broncos and Fins and a tough but doable stretch of games against the Steelers, Pats and 49ers. Ideally if they can go 3-2 in that final 5 games they could get to 12 wins which should set them up to win the division. 

Overall it is such a huge game to get fat on this early schedule and beat a respectable but not so great team in the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 4

Rich Eisen had a segment this week where he was discussing the 3-0 teams and how many of them had some lucky bounces (he wasn't saying they were 3-0 because of luck...but just that seasons go like that with lucky bounces here and there).  He mentioned some things about the Bills like the PI call last week (which I don't think was luck per se).  But it did get me thinking, what if some Raiders DO get suspended/benched for Sunday, then the Titans are playing us on a short week with very little recent practice...it's kind of crazy how things are setting up for the Bills for once.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bills need to pile up a win here and get to 4-0. Vegas isn't a bad team, they should be in playoff contention on the fringes but the Bills need to in my opinion pile up this win to go 4-0 into a tough stretch of games. After the Raiders they play a hard out in the Titans, a Super Bowl favorite in the Chiefs, a gimmie against the Jets and then the Pats and Seahawks two very good teams. Ideally I would like to see the Bills get to 5-0 and then go 2-2 at a minimum (beat the Jets and then one of those other three preferably the Pats) in that next really tough 4 games to get to 7-2. Then the schedule does ease up where they have two winnable games against the Cardinals and Chargers where they could beef back up to 9-2 going into the final 5 games where they have 2 "gimmie" games against the Broncos and Fins and a tough but doable stretch of games against the Steelers, Pats and 49ers. Ideally if they can go 3-2 in that final 5 games they could get to 12 wins which should set them up to win the division. 

Overall it is such a huge game to get fat on this early schedule and beat a respectable but not so great team in the Raiders.

Cardinals and Chargers are not easy games either - Cardinals’ offense is solid and the Chargers’ D is excellent.