Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. But I think we can both agree that the non-existent record of previous bills teams don’t matter in this case. 😛

kinda sorta.  Some teams play well/terrible traveling East to west and vice versa.  It certainly doesn’t decide the game before its played but to say it means nothing is a bit far fetched. Just my opinion of course.

9 minutes ago, billsherd said:

For pre game TV, what does everyone prefer? ESPN or NFL Network?

Never ESPN

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

good teams still lose to teams they should beat.  It happens on a weekly basis.  The Raiders aren’t terrible.  

it means exactly what it says.  3-0 and all of a sudden we’re invincible playing a road game on the west coast vs a team that we’ve only beaten one time, EVER, in their house?  We should win.  Doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing or you’d bet your life savings on the Bills money line  

....certainly...BUT......Bflo has had too many instances historically where they lost to teams they should have beaten and did the 180 against teams that were penciled in as a "L".....sure there is the "on ANY given Sunday" adage, but hopefully we're a better team of consistency now...stay tuned..............

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

kinda sorta.  Some teams play well/terrible traveling East to west and vice versa.  It certainly doesn’t decide the game before its played but to say it means nothing is a bit far fetched. Just my opinion of course.

Never ESPN

I get that, but we haven’t seen that from a McD team. Our one trip to the west coast was a disaster, but that was Peterman day. Hard to say that’s indicative. 

2 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I'm strangely confident/calm about this game. My trust in McDermott to get the defense fixed and the huge expected difference in the health of the Bills and Raiders today leads me to believe that we'll score a bunch on their defense and then limit the damage that Waller and Jacobs can inflict on the other side.

Most importantly, the massive leap Josh Allen seems to have taken in his development gives me faith that we are never out of any game and can outscore teams in shootouts which is a fun feeling that we haven't experienced in ages...probably since the Bledsoe years? 

Bills 34 - the Fighting Grudens 21

P.S. Many thanks to the Raiders for the assist in drafting Ed Oliver! Ferrell looks like a decent player this year but I'd rather have our guy!

Same. I’m very confident and the BBFS has tried to pop up, but there’s just honestly no room for it in my brain after last week and I don’t really know how to handle that.

As Billsy as the collapse was last week, I sat there confident we would win and for the first time in my life, that confidence paid off. It was a life changing feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Not sure about you guys but I hated last weeks game. I hate losing big leads. Hopefully that won't happen again this year.

I feel fairly certain your sentiment is shared across the board and universally in the Bills locker room

Hopefully, but the other side of the ball gets paid too

Maybe time to switch to the Pregame thread?  I'll leave this open but unpin it.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I get that, but we haven’t seen that from a McD team. Our one trip to the west coast was a disaster, but that was Peterman day. Hard to say that’s indicative. 

Same. I’m very confident and the BBFS has tried to pop up, but there’s just honestly no room for it in my brain after last week and I don’t really know how to handle that.

As Billsy as the collapse was last week, I sat there confident we would win and for the first time in my life, that confidence paid off. It was a life changing feeling. 

Hahaha!  Felt good huh?  I felt the same.  Once they called the interception, I had the BBFS telling me “here we go again.  We’re about to blow it”.  I felt that way until the rams scored and took the lead.  At that point, I knew we had enough time....and Josh Allen.  There was no way we were going to lose.