Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, gordong said:

Joe Buscaglia✔@JoeBuscaglia

The only #Bills player I didn’t see in practice uniform Friday was QB Jake Fromm, who has been distancing all year.

Not sure what he is implying here?  

That the only guy missing is the one that's supposed to be.

Edited by Warcodered

8 minutes ago, gordong said:

Joe Buscaglia✔@JoeBuscaglia

The only #Bills player I didn’t see in practice uniform Friday was QB Jake Fromm, who has been distancing all year.

Not sure what he is implying here?  

Fromm is the quarantine QB so he’s never at practice 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fromm is the quarantine QB so he’s never at practice 

so thinking through this...  the Bills do this in anticipation if one of our QB's were to test positive we would be forced into playing a game bringin Fromm in as the backup?

in the case of the Titans; did they get the "pass" because they had more than 1 on the active roster test positive? 

what determines "you must play" vs "too many impacted we'll move your next game out"?

and if there is a threshold, what keeps the team 'honest'?  let's just say the Titans lost 2 but reported 8 to avoid being forced into a game shorthanded?

lastly  - i've heard the mentioning of "forfeit" is that an actual documented reality or just an assumption that might happen?

mods - i know this isn't raiders related so if i'm going out of bounds here i'll delete this, but they are honest questions.

Edited by Say When...

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I was born and raised in Fresno and watched all of Carrs games, mostly in person. Carr came up under Pat Hill who was a big local guy recruited heavy in the Valley. Finished under Tim Deruyter. A Texas A&M guy, didn’t recruit the valley well. 

Josh wanted to go to Fresno too. What’s bad is Deruyter recruited bums for QB while Josh was at Reedley just down the road begging to go to Fresno. Deruyter didn’t last long.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did anyone else catch Kyle call this a trap game?  

why?   
arent trap games against teams with losing records?

The Bills lost to the Raiders in Cali because 

the Bills has a lead at the half and the OC though running the ball the entire second half was smart. 

And then Tyrod couldn’t make the passes to keep / secure the win. 

The catchy 'trap game' moniker was proven to be a false narrative years ago. It's just statistically not true:

"Using Pro-Football-Reference’s wonderful game finder, I observed every game where a team above .500 played a below .500 team over the past 10 seasons (2002-2011). Over 1359 games, the above .500 team won 79.5% of the time. We must compare the above .500 team’s win percentage in trap games to this base rate of 79.5% in order to see if good teams lose at a statistically significantly higher rate.

Limiting the sample to our trap game definition (n=515), the above .500 team won 80.5% of the time, a full percentage point higher than in the full sample. Far from a losing more frequently, as we would expect by the trap game logic, good teams tend to do even better against worse teams the week before they play a good team. However, this difference is not statistically significant: a difference of means t-test yields a t-value of just 0.60. So we fail to reject the null hypothesis that good teams have a different win percentage in trap games than they do in any game against a sub-.500 team."

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/ 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Say When... said:

so thinking through this...  the Bills do this in anticipation if one of our QB's were to test positive we would be forced into playing a game bringin Fromm in as the backup?

in the case of the Titans; did they get the "pass" because they had more than 1 on the active roster test positive? 

what determines "you must play" vs "too many impacted we'll move your next game out"?

and if there is a threshold, what keeps the team 'honest'?  let's just say the Titans lost 2 but reported 8 to avoid being forced into a game shorthanded?

lastly  - i've heard the mentioning of "forfeit" is that an actual documented reality or just an assumption that might happen?

mods - i know this isn't raiders related so if i'm going out of bounds here i'll delete this, but they are honest questions.

I think that the issue with the Titans is not so much how many are infected as trying to prevent the spread.  A couple more test positive each day, so if those who were already infected, but still hadn't tested positive were around teammates they could have kept the spread going.  I think they will wait until they can go several days without any new positives before allowing players back into the facility.

15 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I was born and raised in Fresno and watched all of Carrs games, mostly in person. Carr came up under Pat Hill who was a big local guy recruited heavy in the Valley. Finished under Tim Deruyter. A Texas A&M guy, didn’t recruit the valley well. 

Josh wanted to go to Fresno too. What’s bad is Deruyter recruited bums for QB while Josh was at Reedley just down the road begging to go to Fresno. Deruyter didn’t last long.

Josh only had two D1 offers out of Reedley, Wyoming & Eastern Michigan. Eastern Michigan pulled their offer back after Josh told them he was going on a visit to Wyoming, leaving Wyoming as his only option. Even then, before he accepted, he emailed Fresno State one more time in a last ditch effort to get a shot there. Fresno State still said no, and the rest is history.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 947 said:

Josh only had two D1 offers out of Reedley, Wyoming & Eastern Michigan. Eastern Michigan pulled their offer back after Josh told them he was going on a visit to Wyoming, leaving Wyoming as his only option. Even then, before he accepted, he emailed Fresno State one more time in a last ditch effort to get a shot there. Fresno State still said no, and the rest is history.

What’s crazy is Fresno has a couple WRs that were there at the time who are now in the pros.... only if Josh could have been there.

One of the biggest Blunders in Frsno State history.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

The catchy 'trap game' moniker was proven to be a false narrative years ago. It's just statistically not true:

"Using Pro-Football-Reference’s wonderful game finder, I observed every game where a team above .500 played a below .500 team over the past 10 seasons (2002-2011). Over 1359 games, the above .500 team won 79.5% of the time. We must compare the above .500 team’s win percentage in trap games to this base rate of 79.5% in order to see if good teams lose at a statistically significantly higher rate.

Limiting the sample to our trap game definition (n=515), the above .500 team won 80.5% of the time, a full percentage point higher than in the full sample. Far from a losing more frequently, as we would expect by the trap game logic, good teams tend to do even better against worse teams the week before they play a good team. However, this difference is not statistically significant: a difference of means t-test yields a t-value of just 0.60. So we fail to reject the null hypothesis that good teams have a different win percentage in trap games than they do in any game against a sub-.500 team."

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/ 

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2