Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

Obviously Vegas and pretty much everyone else knows more than I about the NFL but  I guess I expected the bills to be favored by more points.

In prior seasons the home team gets a 3 point advantage.  It's probably a little less this year without fans in the stands, but there's still the disadvantage of travel, etc... (especially for the Rams who were on their second cross country trip in as many weeks.)

So If the Bills were favored by 3 (it ended up being 2 by gametime) in that game it means Vegas had them actually around even if the game were to be played at a neutral site.  The Bills are again favored by 3, but this points the Raiders are being given 3 points for being the home team.  So if it were a neutral site it'd be 6 points (and the difference between Rams / Raiders would be 6 points.)

A 6 point spread in the NFL is healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Aren’t devey and Harrison both centers? 

I think that having Ford, Nsekhe and Williams with the ability to swing out to LT gives the team sufficient coverage. I don’t see Ford doing so, but he is there in a pinch to play tackle. Dawkins seemed pretty good in his Instagram post this morning

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cowherd really likes Carr I guess. Watson is 0-3 but ok. Better late than never on Wentz. I mean this is labeled 2020, right? 

Funny after he picked the bills over rams because he thought Allen would do something special to win the game. 

Edited by The Wiz

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/29/raiders-fail-to-wear-masks-at-public-event-potentially-putting-them-in-hot-water/

Hmm, I wonder if there could be any ramifications for Sunday?

But the NFL and the NFLPA agreed to a personal responsibility mandate as part of a revised CBA for 2020. It specifically prohibits players from engaging in certain behaviors this season as part of risk mitigation.

Among the restrictions, players are not allowed to attend indoor night clubs with crowds of 10 or more or attend any gathering or event that violates local and/or state restrictions. They also are required to wear face coverings while in public.

18 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Great so now they will spread covid through our team and ruin what could be the best season since Jim Kelly played.

52 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think that having Ford, Nsekhe and Williams with the ability to swing out to LT gives the team sufficient coverage. I don’t see Ford doing so, but he is there in a pinch to play tackle. Dawkins seemed pretty good in his Instagram post this morning

Don't forget about Bates.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, YoloinOhio said:

They don't have turkeys in Minnesota?

On 9/28/2020 at 6:20 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

It's not a happy place right now.

:lol:

FIRE ROSRMAN, FIRE PEDERSON, CUT WENTZ!!

Fire Klentak, fire McPhail, Brett Brown already got fired, I'm sure if Elton Brand got fired everyone would be fine with that. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The replies to this and a tweet about the same thing drive me up the wall. Whatever your feelings on Covid and mask wearing is irrelevant anyone that tests positive is out on Covid IR and that could be at least a month. So yeah as a fan of a team these chuckleheads are about to play I care.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I grew up in Minnesota and never saw a turkey.  I live in Atlanta now and haven’t seen a turkey.

The only turkey’s in the wild that I’ve ever seen were in Buffalo.  

We had a flock of turkeys congregate in front of my kids' elementary school every day for a couple years. They mysteriously disappeared.

I still see different turkeys all the time, deer, squirrels, opossum, foxes galore, bald eagles if you go to the dam nearby, the occasional pheasant.

I'm pretty sure I could call a turkey to my backyard at this point and you could clip him and a pair of trophy bucks who come there every day too.

Suburban Philly, apparent sportsman's paradise.