Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Aren't the Raiders being investigated for breaking Covid protocols in week 2. That is in addition to the Gruden, no mask fine. Basically they allowed a non- badged person into the locker room. NFL Covid rules mandate that teams can only have 40 badged employees allowed at the teams facilities. The raiders have at least one more who is around and not being tested etc. 

Curious on when that will be done and what the league will do with it. I actually would not be surprised if they suspended Gruden for a game. They already fined him 100k (he is appealing) and the team $250k. 

I am seriously going to lose it if our guys get sick out of another franchise's  complacency and just plain laziness.

Honestly, I will erupt.  

No offense to these Bills, but the Bills starting Fromm, MckKenzie, Roberts and Yeldon against the Chiefs on Thursday night all because the Raiders were BS a week and half previously would be...well...BS.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am seriously going to lose it if our guys get sick out of another franchise's  complacency and just plain laziness.

Honestly, I will erupt.  

No offense to these Bills, but the Bills starting Fromm, MckEnzie, Roberts and Yeldon against the Chiefs on Thursday night all because the Raiders were BS a week and half previously would be...well...BS.

Based on how the NFL normally woks for suspensions. He probably would not serve until week 12 or whatever. But I would not be surprised it that was the route the NFL took. 

I am super surprised the Falcons played. Incubation is what, 5 days, sometimes more? And the league said he did not come in contact with ANYBODY else on the roster over that time? Then sent everybody out there to play? If things go south for the league when it comes to finishing the season, it will be because they played fast and loose with a situation like this. 

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

Based on how the NFL normally woks for suspensions. He probably would not serve until week 12 or whatever. But I would not be surprised it that was the route the NFL took. 

I am super surprised the Falcons played. Incubation is what, 5 days, sometimes more? And the league said he did not come in contact with ANYBODY else on the roster over that time? Then sent everybody out there to play? If things go south for the league when it comes to finishing the season, it will be because they played fast and loose with a situation like this. 

errbody got tested bro, errbody was negative bro, thats why they played bro

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

After what Vegas showed yesterday I believe we will try to run it down their throats.  Raiders gave up 250 yards on the ground.  Watching the recap, Raiders can't tackle at all and they had major ball security issues with Carr losing 2 fumbles, one of which resulted in a TD, and Jacobs losing one as well.

I’d love to, but we don’t have the Cheats stable of backs. Our power guy is on the fritz with a toe ailment and he wasn’t running all that great to begin with. Yeldon had a few nice plays yesterday, but is hardly a feared runner. And for whatever reason, they seem reluctant to give Motor a full work load and seem to be limiting his carries.

Our biggest threat on the ground has typically been Josh, and I’m only for him running occasionally/as necessary. Plus he’s been awesome as a passer, so no need to use the feet if the arm can get you there. 

I’m bigly concerned about the running game and our rush defense. We’re going to have to rely on both at some point. I hope we’re up for the challenge and can get it started this week, but I’m not super optimistic based on what I’ve witnessed early on. It’s early though, so there’s plenty of time to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

We can have the Amish build it for a fraction of that cost 😁

That might be a good idea, except it would have to be an indoor stadium since they don't usually build barns without roofs

The Bills could have the largest wooden indoor stadium and if they can get enough of them, it could be erected in a weekend......

Might be hard to broadcast after without power and lighting  though

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

errbody got tested bro, errbody was negative bro, thats why they played bro

Except that its supposedly a 14 day incubation period and could surface anytime in that 14 day period

A negative test only means that at that time of the test, your not positive.

This is why places are wanting to only test people showing symptoms and everyone else that has come in contact with someone is told to Self-Isolate for 14 days.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That might be a good idea, except it would have to be an indoor stadium since they don't usually build barns without roofs

The Bills could have the largest wooden indoor stadium and if they can get enough of them, it could be erected in a weekend......

Might be hard to broadcast after without power and lighting  though

But the hand churned butter at Polebarn stadium would be UNMATCHED!

Our offense should handle the Raiders defense well, I don't think they have enough to slow our offense down.  Personally I think its another 300+ yard and 3+TD day for Josh.  Now, there are a couple things we need to be concerned with...and they are Josh Jacobs and Waller.  

What the Raiders offense does best is exactly what our defense has done worst in the past 2 games.  And that is attack the center of the field with the down hill running of Jacobs and Waller putting all kinds of pressure on defenses down the seams and even outside.  

That being said, while I think the Raiders offense could have a solid outing (unless we get our crap together in the middle of our defense quickly this week), I don't think they have the fire power to keep up with us anyway.

If the D struggles to contain Jacobs and Waller, this could be a high scoring game, but Bills still win by at least 7 IMO.  If the D rebounds, then this will likely be a big double digit win for the Bills.  

My prediction Bills 35 - Raiders 23.  Waller probably has a 100 yard day and Jacobs has 100 yards and 1 or 2 TDs.  But its not enough to keep up with high octane Bills offense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1