Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

I've seen a lot of people pick the Raiders to win this game before the season started. I get that our offense has exploded on the scene, but this defense can't be content with that notion. I'm hoping we get Norman back even though Wallace did have a nice pick. Something is really up with Edmunds. I don't know if his shoulder is still giving him fits, but from yesterday he's regressing bad. That being said, back on topic, it's gonna be a long day for Gruden and his secondary. I don't think the 300+ yard games stop for quite a while

Just have to keep it going here. Absolutely need to stack these early wins before the brutal part of the schedule starts. Got to get the defense fixed and get Singletary involved more again. This game won’t be easy but considering what’s coming, we need it. 4-0 is so much better then 3-1. Got to find a way to keep this thing going. Go Bills!

Haven't watched the Raiders much only highlights.  Their o-line was terrible last year... so if it is better Bills D line needs to show up.  Rams have a very good D-line and Bills d-line was a no show against them.  Hope the Bills are looking at the waiver wire for a good young linebacker who is stashed on another team... unless there is handshake agreement between teams right now not to sign another teams practice squad guys.

A 4-0 start would be huge, particularly since the Pats*** look competitive.  The Raiders are not a bad team but the Bills are, again, more talented, and being installed as early 2-pt road favorites acknowledges that.

If McD and Frazier make the appropriate defensive adjustments this is a game we should expect to win, setting up what looks to be a great showdown in Tennessee the following week.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO the Raiders X-factors or players I'd want to game plan for are:

Offense- Jacobs, Ruggs (will he be back for this game?), Renfrow, and Waller. Incognito being out is a huge loss for them though and hurt them against the Pats. Hopefully Ruggs rests another week as his speed would change any offense. Renfrow is sneaky good and seems to be Carr's safety valve. Pats contained Waller for what that's worth (on paper, our LBs should be miles better than theirs). 

Defense- Maxx Crosby...and that's the entire list. He's an underrated pass rusher (2 sacks in 2020) and we'll want to chip or provide some help to Darryl Williams. But other than Crosby, not impressed with anyone else on the Raiders defense. A bunch of league average players for the most part. 

Other than Ruggs, I think we match up well with this team. Hopefully we can execute a complete game in all three phases for the first time this year. 

20 minutes ago, eball said:

A 4-0 start would be huge, particularly since the Pats*** look competitive.  The Raiders are not a bad team but the Bills are, again, more talented, and being installed as early 2-pt road favorites acknowledges that.

If McD and Frazier make the appropriate defensive adjustments this is a game we should expect to win, setting up what looks to be a great showdown in Tennessee the following week.

The Titans defense isn't anything to write home about either. If I'm not mistaken, I think AJ Brown could possibly miss that game. But after what the Rams did yesterday on the ground, Derrick Henry will be a massive problem for this defense

• Like (+1) 1

Purely from the playoffs perspective I think this is single most important game on our remaining schedule.

As things look right now, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers, Titans, Patriots and Bills look like clear playoff teams, but for the purpose of argument we need to exclude Bills from this group. Next tier is Colts, Raiders, Browns, Chargers and maybe Texans who are our direct competition for PO spots. Therefore, beating Raiders will be huge since it will become really tough for them to get ahead of us. We play only them and Chargers from that group, and Raiders seem more dangerous to me.

However, I don't think we are talking playoffs here, we should be talking division and more.

7 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Feel more confident about this game. Can't wait to see the Raiders injury report for Week 4.

Listening to Jon Grudens post-game press conference the injuries seem to be piling up.  I dont have all the names, but I know Bryan Edwards got hurt.  They are already down Ruggs and they are missing a couple of OL as well.  He seemed totally passed off at the # of injuries they've had

21 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

If it wasn’t for stupid COVID I definitely would’ve made the trip out there.  Cant beat Vegas during the football season.

Yep, there are a lot of us in that boat.  Would have been a hella expensive trip but worth it.