Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They don't have the rushing attack the Rams do.  Plus, Incognito will be out.  I'm sure McDermott will make it a point of emphasis this week.

People talk about all the continuity on the Bills, but it has to be considered that on DL, it ain't there. 

They lost 3 starters.

I think the limited offseason reps hindered them meshing, but we have good players.  I believe they'll make the corrections they need to make and we'll see improvement, even if it's not to the level of last year's D.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

People talk about all the continuity on the Bills, but it has to be considered that on DL, it ain't there. 

They lost 3 starters.

I think the limited offseason reps hindered them meshing, but we have good players.  I believe they'll make the corrections they need to make and we'll see improvement, even if it's not to the level of last year's D.

We went through this last year against the Eagles and the first half of that Redskins game.  This defense tends to reel at times and it happened today against a really good offense.  I'm usually a glass is 2/3 empty 1/3 full type guy but I think they'll get it straightened out.  Still a huge concern until they do though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

What are the odds at currently for the game to have a sand/dust storm or the rollercoaster from New York, New York derailing and knocking out the broadcast satellite so we lose live footage?  

I'm more afraid of "the pinch."

BronzeUncomfortableAmericanbadger.webp

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They lost 3 starters.

Totally. It's like a new defensive line. But I am concerned we don't have a true 1 tech that can eat up blockers. They are all kind of small on the inside. Harrison Phillips isn't as good as I thought he'd be coming back. Maybe he needs more time, but frankly the entire dline probably needs more time.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Totally. It's like a new defensive line. But I am concerned we don't have a true 1 tech that can eat up blockers. They are all kind of small on the inside. Harrison Phillips isn't as good as I thought he'd be coming back. Maybe he needs more time, but frankly the entire dline probably needs more time.

Maybe kick the tires on marcel dareus?

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

LV corners could have a rough game 

Agreed, no Jalen Ramsey equivalent or anyone close to it on the Raiders. Diggs should be able to feast again like Weeks 1-2.

The offense was even more impressive yesterday when you consider that the Rams limited Diggs to a certain extent and Brown left the game early. If Dawkins and Brown get healthy (and our LBs get closer to 100%), we're flying.