The pass to Kroft keeps getting criticized- Why?

oldmanfan

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think what we’re disagreeing on here is.... 

It was a good throw but a BAD DECISION. 
The smart play is to throw it away and regroup. 

This .... and he was falling back when he heaved it up. Just throw it into the 3rd row.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Plano said:

This. 100% this.

That officiating team should lose their jobs over this. Period. 

Play stood after going to New York. The NFL will never say it’s a bad call much less fire anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was double covered. Josh should have just thrown it away.

This.  It was thrown under pressure into double coverage. 

Kroft saved the day with an OPI and an athletic leaping catch, but it would have been better to "live to throw another down".

Josh acknowledges "putting the ball in harms way" on that INT

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Play stood after going to New York. The NFL will never say it’s a bad call much less fire anyone. 

Right.  Plus they kind of gave us a bit of a make-up call at the end of the game, not that it wasn't PI but at a level that often goes uncalled.

A correction in a private refs-only meeting is the best that will happen

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.  It was thrown under pressure into double coverage. 

Kroft saved the day with an OPI and an athletic leaping catch, but it would have been better to "live to throw another down".

As good as Allen is playing and the chunk plays they’ve been getting he doesn’t need to force throws like that. He could easily get a clean uncontested 30 yard catch the next play the way they’ve been operating. 

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I just heard Dungy say Josh should not have made the throw to Kroft on the INT play.  Seen others here say the same.  Why?  He hit him right in the hands and we all think it was a completion.   Why should he not make a throw like that?

He was in trouble.  The receiver was covered.  That's a play where the seasoned QB throws it out of bounds and knows he has another play.  

It was a critical time in the game.  The Bills need to put together a drive and run clock to keep the Rams offense off the field for a few minutes.  Shouldn't risk the turnover there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well Ok it was offensive PI but he gives his guy a chance to make a play.

Well, by that logic, you would prefer a QB just to chuck it in the general direction of a guy every time there’s a blown play and hope the guy has “a chance to make a play”?

thank god you’re not a coach

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Because it's a low percentage pass. It could have easily been intercepted and Kroft had to push off just to get a chance to get the ball.

That's a -2 according to PFF.

Also, I'm really liking listening to pretty much every person in the media trying to figure out how the pass was an interception even after Riveron gave his BS explination.

Edited by The Wiz

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I just heard Dungy say Josh should not have made the throw to Kroft on the INT play.  Seen others here say the same.  Why?  He hit him right in the hands and we all think it was a completion.   Why should he not make a throw like that?

It's one of those throws you will never tell your QB to try.

But when he does do it, and he completes it, he gets a "atta boy," and when it gets picked, he gets screamed at.

• Like (+1) 1

Everybody's saying he should have thrown it away. But if you break it down bit by bit, it doesn't look like he gets outside The tackle box exactly. It's close but I don't think he gets outside it

So it would have been intentional grounding and lost down . Not to mention it was a catch

• Like (+1) 1

I could buy into a long toss up to Diggs or maybe even a healthy Knox, but not to Kroft. He should have thrown that one away. Josh looked like 2018, early 2019 Josh, desperate, wild eyed and out of control at times. Ok, maybe only for a handful of plays.  I mean how many QBs get an unsportsmanlike conduct call and then a facemask call where he throws the defender to the ground in the same game? Played out of his mind early and then very late. Great game to watch and in the end, a "W"!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everybody's saying he should have thrown it away. But if you break it down bit by bit, it doesn't look like he gets outside The tackle box exactly. It's close but I don't think he gets outside it

So it would have been intentional grounding and lost down . Not to mention it was a catch

Not grounding if he throws it out of bounds in the vicinity of the receiver.

1 minute ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I could buy into a long toss up to Diggs or maybe even a healthy Knox, but not to Kroft. He should have thrown that one away. Josh looked like 2018, early 2019 Josh, desperate, wild eyed and out of control at times. Ok, maybe only for a handful of plays.  I mean how many QBs get an unsportsmanlike conduct call and then a facemask call where he throws the defender to the ground in the same game? Played out of his mind early and then very late. Great game to watch and in the end, a "W"!

At this phase, I'd say Kroft has better hands than Knox. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Real McNasty said:

At this phase, I'd say Kroft has better hands than Knox. 

Was thinking more in terms of his ability to elevate and go after a jump ball. I think I'd still take Knox as being far more athletic and capable of winning a jump ball. The only reason Kroft had a shot was he pushed off. Either way, should have thrown it away...IMO.