Brian Daboll Future HC (Ken Dorsey Replacement?)

Kmart128

• 2 weeks later...

Are their any Erhardt/Perkins OC's around with terrible track records? :flirt: 

I root for Daboll but worrying about losing him after his struggles to distinguish himself at his numerous previous NFL OC jobs(and here until now) is really going out of your way to find something to worry about.

There is a very good chance that his departure(which I don't necessarily believe is imminent) could lead to the hiring of a naturally better OC..........the way Charlie Weis leaving for Notre Dame lead to the Pats promoting Josh McDaniels and really elevating their game offensively.

If nothing else there won't be a shortage of candidates and having a stable HC and front office and a winning franchise with a young QB should give the team a very good choice of candidates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Watch the jets hire daboll 

Nah, no one with any brains takes a HC ing job with the jets, it’s guaranteed failure, ownership has no desire for a winning franchise, just look at their history. Dumpster fire, Sh-t show, those are the descriptives used on that franchise for time eternity.  When Daboll leaves it won’t be to go to the jets... 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are their any Erhardt/Perkins OC's around with terrible track records? :flirt: 

I root for Daboll but worrying about losing him after his struggles to distinguish himself at his numerous previous NFL OC jobs(and here until now) is really going out of your way to find something to worry about.

There is a very good chance that his departure(which I don't necessarily believe is imminent) could lead to the hiring of a naturally better OC..........the way Charlie Weis leaving for Notre Dame lead to the Pats promoting Josh McDaniels and really elevating their game offensively.

If nothing else there won't be a shortage of candidates and having a stable HC and front office and a winning franchise with a young QB should give the team a very good choice of candidates.

Mike Shula is a Erhardt/Perkins guy. Dorsey was his QB coach in Carolina. I would think they would promote Dorsey and then bring in a former OC as QB coach. I wouldn’t mind seeing Rob Chudzinski hired as QB coach 

On 9/27/2020 at 7:16 PM, Saint Doug said:

I’m not so sure about this. Roman didn’t get any sniffs at HC. Plus, do we honestly think our offensive success is due to Daboll? I will give him credit for properly developing Allen though, but even this has been multifactorial. 

I think this goes a long way when a team is looking to rebuild.  I also agree there are a lot of factors there but he will be given credit like you said....

Edited by mattynh

23 hours ago, gotme365 said:

Mike Shula is a Erhardt/Perkins guy. Dorsey was his QB coach in Carolina. I would think they would promote Dorsey and then bring in a former OC as QB coach. I wouldn’t mind seeing Rob Chudzinski hired as QB coach 

I could see that happening.

• 2 months later...

21 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Dorsey is possible.  I assume Mcdermott will maintain the offense amd the language.  I could see Mcdermott interview Bill Obrien, possible NE assistants.  

I’d be surprised if he interviewed O’Brien after what happened in Houston with Brian Gaine, but you never know. 

Anybody but Rob Boras, our tight ends coach. His offense was so awful and uncreative when he was the coordinator for the Jeff Fisher Rams. Also hopefully not Mike Shula. Pederson or Nagy wouldn’t be too bad if they get fired, but I’d be surprised if it was anyone but Dorsey.

Edited by MWK