Brian Daboll Future HC (Ken Dorsey Replacement?)

Kmart128

1 hour ago, delirious said:

Yes.  Do you think it was someone other than Daboll, maybe a Keebler elf?

Seriously? Yes, and his name is Josh. Without Allen progressing as he has, our offense would be in the bottom half of the league. Behind every great coach is a great QB. It’s also a big boost we have an elite WR on our team this year. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

My only concern is Daboll taking the offensive staff with him and giving them promotions. Maybe Dorsey wants to follow him? I dont know where allegiances really lie tho.

The only real promotion is becoming a HC. If Dorsey is next in line then you’d have to imagine he would rather coordinate a stacked offense led by a guy who’s playing like an MVP. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well normally i would be he has already had a HC interview last offseason so i think we have to start to think about it being a likely scenario 

Yeah, but it was with the Browns.  I think that is kind of its own category

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

My only concern is Daboll taking the offensive staff with him and giving them promotions. Maybe Dorsey wants to follow him? I dont know where allegiances really lie tho.

If the staff is under contract, they stay if we want them to stay.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

@Bangarang made a good point as well. I am convinced/relieved. :thumbsup:

I don't know that you should be.  I thought Pettine would no way take a HC job with the Browns (worked predictably badly for him), but he did.

To our benefit, remember, because Schwartz did a better job as DC.

Bottom line I'm not sure my thoughts on this point have much predictive value, but I'm also not sure change is change for the worse.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe.  I don't know that it's inevitable.  Some coordinators, I think, are what you might call "mad scientist" types.  They are great with Xs and Os, but don't really have the charisma to forge a bunch of players into a team.  Moreover, they know it, and don't really aspire to a position that takes them away from what they love - designing plays and strategizing, and instead taking the role of manager and motivator.  I'm hoping Daboll is that kind of guy.

• Like (+1) 1

not every oc\dc make good head coaches just cause they were great oc\dc...

I think Our OC loves where hes at and not going anywhere

just my opinion

17 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I hope hes like Josh Mcdaniels

Last year we had Daboll threads for him to be fired now we have Daboll threads to be promoted to HC. Either way you slice it Daboll is not in the long term plans at TSW

last 2 games it was talked about. we going to talk about it next game to? cant wait..

17 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Frazier was never realistically going to get HC chances. Daboll has already interviewed for an opening and I imagine he’ll get more this offseason.

Frazier is a better than average/good DC but I don’t see Frazier as a HC. Daboll might have that HC mentality and everyone is hiring good OC’s that can develop a young QB. Unless this offense completely just falls apart I’m 99% sure Daboll is gone.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

18 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well I never thought id say this but Daboll looks like he may be worthy of his HC talk. If he takes a head coaching job who do we look for as a replacement. Personally we need to keep this current playbook and offense. Josh Allens knowledge of this offense is to great to give up on. Ken Dorsey i think would make a fantastic option. Since we added him Josh Allen just kept getting better. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

I think this would be a mistake for Dabs, as he is one of those guys who makes a great OC, but prob not HC. Sometimes we should stick to what we do well.

There is a selfish element to that, but still true.

adding Assistant HC to his title (along with some Peg$ Buck$) is very Process, so..

Maybe I’m pie in the sky, but I think he loves being here, living here and being able to just focus on Offense. Make no mistake though, he’s had the best tutelage (Saban, Evil Warlord & Process). 

18 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well I never thought id say this but Daboll looks like he may be worthy of his HC talk. If he takes a head coaching job who do we look for as a replacement. Personally we need to keep this current playbook and offense.

More importantly, if he jumps ship, doesn't that mean the Bills take out a hit on him? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Frazier is a better than average/good DC but I don’t see Frazier as a HC. Daboll might have that HC mentality and everyone is hiring good OC’s that can develop a young QB. Unless this offense completely just falls apart I’m 99% sure Daboll is gone.

Who knows? Greg Roman still hasn’t been hired as a HC yet and Eric Bieniemy will also likely get interviews this offseason. Then there’s other coordinators not mentioned yet, former HCs and current college coaches. Anything could happen but there’s no question Daboll will be a hot candidate if this offense keeps things going.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:37 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

I have a feeling Dorsey would be more loyal to McDermott than Daboll... worked with him longer

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, Chandler#81 said:

adding Assistant HC to his title (along with some Peg$ Buck$) is very Process, so..

Maybe I’m pie in the sky, but I think he loves being here, living here and being able to just focus on Offense. Make no mistake though, he’s had the best tutelage (Saban, Evil Warlord & Process). 

He had a cup of coffee in Bama.  He sent years holding BB's cup of coffee in NE.

Jets hire Daboll, which I doubt, and not sure on Dorsey.  NFL teams have All 22 tapes so there are no surprises In what is being done.  I think the fire/promote Coordinators is a bit premature.  This is a great February conversation, not a September conversation.  At least no knucklehead is already bringing up free agency, draft pick threads at this point of the year.  I get the passing comment, we should grab a TE next year, but we can have way too much fun talking about this year, THIS YEAR.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:24 PM, Bangarang said:

Frazier was never realistically going to get HC chances. Daboll has already interviewed for an opening and I imagine he’ll get more this offseason.

Frazier has already been a HC.