Cody Ford at LG; Quinton Spain benched

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

But that was only because Josh was holding the ball too long to make downfield plays.

He didnt really have a choice on several of the plays with a seeming jailbreak happening way too frequently and the D not doing their job either. Yes, he could have gotten rid of the ball a tad sooner on a couple of occasions but we would likely have not seen some of the plays he DID make. Its easy to say he was skittish (you didnt) but he didnt really have much time to throw for a majority of the 4th Q. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I just think Spain is out of shape.  Give him a few weeks.  It is what it is.

Actually he was talking about how he’s in the best shape of his life, I think said he lost 10 pounds.

Spain was known for being a good pass blocker but meh run blocker, this move may have been made to help the run game 

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I just think Spain is out of shape.  Give him a few weeks.  It is what it is.

Eh, I think he won the team award for offseason training and lifting. He came in much leaner and down 15 pounds or so. Guys have bad games, unfortunately, we have a lot of talent at o-line that are similar, and if you don’t play up to standard, you can ride the pine. Be better.

58 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes that $4.5M of guaranteed money is crippling 

It's a personnel issue and less of a financial one.  Pro Personnel or the leadership at OBD decided Spain was worthy of an extension, yet 3 games in he's on the bench.

If that isn't concerning about their talent evaluation, then I don't know what to tell you.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I posted that in the 4th Q Josh was doing it on his own, Chief.

But cool story, though...

My bad.  Being an overly butt hurt fan yesterday.  Was particularly fed up with the Allen flack on the postgames.  Seemed like everyone was focusing on the bad instead of the good, and acting like the Bills were handed the game.  Big Mea Culpa for being a jerk on my end.

13 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Cool story.  Did you read the one where he put them on his back today and won in spite of his entire team.  Josh doesnt play hero ball today the Bills are 2-1.

On Spain did the guy who told me all week that Spain was the most uderrated player on the team show up to this post yet?

Spain is a roadgrader run blocking....pass blocking is not his strong suit.

Just now, JMF2006 said:

Spain is a roadgrader run blocking....pass blocking is not his strong suit.

Last week people were saying the opposite.  I think the truth is he is an average player who may not be able to start on the team much longer.   Feliciano is the better player, and with him coming back, and Cody Ford unable to play guard, I think Spain becomes a backup. 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Actually he was talking about how he’s in the best shape of his life, I think said he lost 10 pounds.

Spain was known for being a good pass blocker but meh run blocker, this move may have been made to help the run game 

I always felt the opposite way.

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Last week people were saying the opposite.  I think the truth is he is an average player who may not be able to start on the team much longer.   Feliciano is the better player, and with him coming back, and Cody Ford unable to play guard, I think Spain becomes a backup. 

Maybe he got lazy with the new deal?

Here is a link to a Channel 4 interview

https://www.wivb.com/sports/bills-ol-quinton-spains-2020-goals-allow-no-sacks-and-improve-in-the-run-game/

In 2016, Spain won the starting left guard spot and started 13 games, missing 3 due to injury. The 2016 Titans offensive line was heralded as one of the best in the league, which blocked for DeMarco Murray as he led the AFC in rushing yards. The Titans finished with a 9-7 record.

On April 3, 2019, Spain signed a one-year contract with the Buffalo Bills.[4] During the 2019 season, Spain would start in all 16 games for the Bills, playing every offensive snap, committing only four penalties and not allowing a single sack. The Bills finished with a 10-6 record, qualifying for the playoffs where he started for the Bills' wild card loss to the Houston Texans.

On March 17, 2020, Spain signed a three-year, $15 million contract extension with the Bills.[5]

Edited by JMF2006
new link

35 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It's a personnel issue and less of a financial one.  Pro Personnel or the leadership at OBD decided Spain was worthy of an extension, yet 3 games in he's on the bench.

If that isn't concerning about their talent evaluation, then I don't know what to tell you.

I agree. Talent evaluation is what has held the Bills back. They should be 4-0 by now. Yet another front office failure. 

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

He was their most consistent offensive lineman last year, so they have him an extension for modest money that they can easily get out of. What’s the problem?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1